1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019 at 12:20 PM.

1. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

It can't all be doom and gloom in the world. Let's hear your little rays of sunshine.

For the first time in 5 years the cows have tested clear of TB. No more 6 weekly testing and no more movement restrictions. :)

RogerMac, retrofit, Mark101 and 8 others like this.
  2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

That's a huge reason to celebrate!

Adrian

3. Bipolar

Bipolar Well-Known Member

I get on the ferry tonight to go home. I spent the last twelve days on Haida Gwaii.

Bipolar

4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

So, DEFRA not badgering you any more... ;)

Where's me coat?

Zou, dream_police and peterba like this.
  5. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Er, um... it's pi$$ing with rain, here. :( ;)

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Wife's key fell through a hole in her pocket at the supermarket car park this morning. Someone noticed it lying next to her car and handed it in to the service desk. First wife knew of it was when they read out her registration over the tannoy and she went to the desk to be handed the key.

There are some thoroughly decent people out there still! :D

7. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Yes, that's true, Andrew. A few years ago, I was walking along a busy high street, when I heard - above the traffic noise and general hub-bub - a voice calling out, from a short distance away. Initially, I presumed that the calling had nothing to do with me, but eventually his persistent shouting caused me to stop, and look back. The owner of the voice was trying to get my attention, because he had observed a small roll of banknotes falling out of my pocket. It was, IIRC, no more than £15 worth of notes, but that's not the point, here. He could have pocketed the money, and I would have been none the wiser (at least, until I next tried to make a cash purchase :oops:).

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  8. gray1720

Just got my bonus for the previous years slogging me nuts of. It'll cover my season ticket - that may not sound much, but it gives me more to spend on important things like beer and box brownies.

Adrian

Catriona and Zou like this.
  9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

You have a better model than me. My wife wouldn’t have a clue if she heard her reg called out. She may respond to a call for a woman with a grey car but that’s about it.:)

10. dream_police

I got home from Stafford this afternoon on the M6 in less than hour.

11. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

That's ok, but if you only live in Penkridge it's not so good..... :)

12. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

The bathroom mirror.
    Look at it every morning and every night.
    If you see your reflection.... it's a good day.

Catriona likes this.
  13. dream_police

Only 40 odd miles, I get off at 17 and live about 10 miles from there. It has taken nearly 2 hours in the past. Some of the roadworks are being opened and it was actually flowing. Will be nice when it’s all finished, if the M6 can ever be called nice.

Catriona likes this.
  14. Jack D3200

Jack D3200 Well-Known Member

Many, many years ago in the days of film cameras, my wife borrowed my camera gear when she was taking a school party to Rome. The gear consisted of an OM2 plus a range of Zuiko lenses. She left it behind somewhere and when she went back it had gone.

It was handed in to a police station. I got it all back covered in greasy fingerprints, but I was glad to get it back

15. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

My trip to Arran tomorrow had been cancelled.

Graeme

16. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

2 days to go to TPS 2019. Tinged by travel issues with replacement buses through the southern midlands, so I have prepaid cheaper rail tickets to go via London.
    Looking forward to the 5:30am alarm on Saturday morning !

Catriona likes this.
  17. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Can't think of any RTBCs at the moment, but little things please me, so I'm sure there'll be one along soon.

Catriona likes this.
  18. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Longer daylight. Good job I'm easily pleased.

RogerMac and peterba like this.
  19. gray1720

20. dream_police

My daughter has come home for the weekend. Half her head has been dyed yellow, the other half purple. None the less really happy to have her home for a few days.