1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick cameras??

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by jpgreenwood, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

The subject matter doesn't really affect the experiment. You can answer your question for yourself quite easily by photographing e.g. a newspaper page. Why don't you?

Cheers,

R.

2. jpgreenwood

jpgreenwood Well-Known Member

Ah but Roger, if we all answered our own questions, there would be no need for forums or experts. ;-)

3. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Plus it may make someone think about the answers to questions they had not realised needed(?) asking. If you see what I mean...

Roger Hicks likes this.
  4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Well, in those cases when you can quite quickly and easily determine the answer for yourself, THERE ISN'T.

You could perform a useful service by doing a simple experiment and posting your results here. Why don't you?

Cheers,

R.

5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Yeah, can't be any worse than my test of an '80s Soligor on a modern CSC. :eek:

Shame the sample pics are on Photobucket and therefore now invisible!

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

You won't get a blurry photo of a jet. You will hear it leaving.

If they are low flying you don't hear them coming then they are gone in a flash. I reckon it would take a lot of hands on research to find a good position and a lot of practice/luck to get a panning shot.

Probably the best chance is an "environmental shot" where you fix the camera with a wide angle of view and rely on a short exposure time, fast reactions and burst speed to catch the jet as it goes past.

7. jpgreenwood

jpgreenwood Well-Known Member

I really need to get over this fear of cranking the ISO. Thanks for the good advice chaps.

Learning likes this.
  8. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Pete - type Mach Loop into Flickr - lots of pics of *very* low flying fighters and things.

S

9. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Some quick reflexes there. I couldn't pan that quick with a 500 mm, a couple of which featured in my short browse.

steveandthedogs likes this.