1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q viewfinder

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by steveandthedogs, Jun 5, 2014.

1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Just bought an optical finder from Rocky Cameras for £3.99, brightlines for tele and wide, they just about fit the 5-15 lens. No info there obviously, but feels much better than holding the thing at arms length.

2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Wow, great price, Steve :) Could you check to see if they have one for the 06 lens? I would kill for one of them or, failing homicide, I would send money to purchase one :)

Cheers,

Jack

3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's one of these, Jack. Rocky had a couple in second hand, both gone now.
    This was the guy, seems reliable and quick, had a couple off orders of him now. http://www.rockycameras.com/ His shop is a bit like Auntie Wainwright's.
    The finder is a bit off as regards parallax, may have a tendency to lose tops of heads, but with luck I can compensate. And considering the price of Pentax own brand, I can lose a few heads.
    Seen the same thing new on fleabay for £30+ [about $60 Canadian?]

S

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  4. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Steve … I shall peruse ebay and the like :)

Cheers,

Jack

5. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

6. Done_rundleCams

7. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

Your welcome and thanks for commenting on my photo.

8. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

I have just looked on the WEX website at one of these, the Q-VF1. I was shocked at the price ...... £189.00 for an optical VF????

It seems that the retailers are living off of the profits from the accessories because the margins on the cameras themselves is so small. I suppose we have to pay one way or another, but it is a bit hard to swallow sometimes.

Jack, I'm sure you are aware of the situation better than most. It does make searching for a used item or a discontinued model a lot more cost effective.

9. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

@ Monobod .
    Not just pentax , I wanted the viewfinder for my Sony 16mm NEX lens . I paid over £100 for it . I needed it for my infrared converted NEX 3.
    As a 35mm (film equivalent ) viewfinder for a 24mm lens is hard to find and probably much more expensive .