1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pulling it all off Photo**ckit

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by gray1720, Aug 5, 2017.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to do a bulk download of my Photobucket account? I'm stuffed if I'm paying what they are asking just to be able to post pics, and it would take a long time to do it one pic at a time.

Thanks,

Adrian

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I've always assumed that any of thes "free" services could cease to work without warning. Every picture I posted on Photobucket was in a separate directory on my hard disk. Took half an hour to bulk upload them to Flickr. Then I deleted the lot from pb

PhotoEcosse likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

googling "photo bucket bulk download" turns up lots of hits. A quick glance suggests you put everything in an album and download that. I must admit that I consider posting on-line as a one way journey. It is easy to upload one at a time and a much harder to get tens of GB back. I am not a photo-bucket user.

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

5. gray1720

Thanks all. If it will just WORK when I press the effing download button, instead of stalling until the reCAPTCHA verification expires ad I have to re-enter it... I will get there!

6. EightBitTony

It says if you have a lot of images, it'll mail you the link because it takes a while to build the zip file?

7. gray1720

Ah right, missed that bit. I'll try the email adress - seeing as I registered with a spam trap one...

ETA - no sighn of an email.

At the mo, I verify I'm human (well, within limits), the download button appears, I click it and mostly nothing happens. If anyuthing does happen, I get a dropdown after a few seconds telling me a click hasn't worked and I ahould try again.

Ta!

Adrian

8. gray1720

...and it's doing the same if I try ussing EXplorer rather than Firefox.

Jesus wept!

Adrian

9. gray1720

Well, I gave up, bogged off, had a beer, came back. Guess what - still the same, with the site running at the speed of a particularly sick sloth. What a festering pile of pony and trap Photobucket has become!

Adrian

10. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Just possibly they have had a significant effect on their users who are all pulling their content. Soon it will be an empty bucket!

11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

As I hadn't used it as a means of storage, I just emptied my bucket all over the floor and gave it good kick as I swept out of the barn. So to speak. Hope you have managed to find a quicker way of retrieving your images.

12. gray1720

Still equally s***e a week later. There's not a great deal in there I even want but I tended to use it for stuff I wanted to post on forums etc so everything in it was a handy size for posting.

It won't even let me flounce out properly...

Adrian

13. PeteRob

Try doing it in smaller chunks. It could be that the operations are asking for more resources than are available.

14. gray1720

Given that it's currently refusing gto download an empty folder, I think it's simply that the site is plain shite.

They are inviting me to take a customer survey... Hmm, wonder what I will say?

Adrian

15. gray1720

Well, I've given up and deleted the lot. Fit of pique? Well, yes, but I'd had enough of trying.

Adrian

Geren and steveandthedogs like this.
  16. EightBitTony

Sorry it turned out to be so painful @gray1720 .

Since Flickr was bought by Verizon (and now part of a company called Oath), I'm just waiting for the changes they'll want to drive to 'increase value'.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  17. PeteRob

There is a read-me message showing today - all about getting value out of their brands. As a pro subscriber I have no adverts though my wife, who is not, says she doesn't get any either. Digging into the links their summary of what they know about me and my opt outs is empty - same for my wife.

18. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Do you mean that you uploaded images but did not keep the originals on your PC hard drive or some other storage device?
    If yes (you have no originals), then I don't understand why you would do this.
    If no (you have the originals), what is the problem? I assume that any well organised (?) site will let you delete all your images.

You can put a few small copies of your pictures on an AP member's gallery and direct your friends to that (works for me).

19. gray1720

I still have them all, good bad and downright shite, it was the fact that I had lots of pics conveniently sized for things like this forum, and I had a rough idea where they were. Photo**ckit was very much my junk area from where I could, for example, share pictures of weird junk I'd found for people to identify, or stupid stuff that made me laugh. So the abandonment of free third=party sharing rendered it useless - though it had been unusably clunky for a while.

I didn't want to delete them - I wanted to download them en masse so I could use them elsewhere if I so desired without going back to the originals but the once easy to use Photo**ckit is now an unusably shite stack of festering rhinoceros cobblers. Go try it and see what I mean.

Adrian