1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Transport plus Nature/Wildlife - November

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by ChilliBob, Oct 21, 2013.

1. ChilliBob

ChilliBob Member

Hey guys,

I used to post on here but I'm not sure what email address I used or anything so I'm kicking off a new account- it was some years since I accessed the old one, oops!

I'm hoping for some advice from like minded folk, essentially I've found myself in the position of having a fair number of days holiday to take in November, sadly nobody else is around so I'll be doing some solo trips, not ideal but I guess it gives me as long as I want to take pictures without thinking someone's standing bored waiting for me to finish.

One major restriction is that I don't drive, so anywhere I go needs to be accessible via public transport, considering I'm intending to visit places in November I think this might be a fair challenge. I'm starting out in London pretty much so I've got great links to kick off a trip that's for sure.

Location wise I'm looking for something more natural rather than urban, I'm particularly interested in waterfalls and fast flowing water, wildlife of virtually any description, snow, and perhaps the chance to try star trails, although this is an outsider type thing not a focus. I'm quite keen on coastal places with massive waves too! Two previous places I've been to spring to mind as personal favorites - I believe suggested by members on here, Becky Falls and Lydford Gorge, both superb, however, I'd think without a car they'd be decidedly tricky in November. I appreciate the beauty of fantastic landscapes, however, snapping them isn't fully my thing - I can never seem to nail it, plus hiking for say 5 hours isn't really my thing either.

Whilst I don't necessarily want something urban using an urban location as a base for a number of excursions/day trips could work well and would probably assist with the public transport restriction.

I appreciate that might be a bit of a round about post but suggestion most welcome, the last two I got on here were superb :)

Thanks in advance.

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Can you remember your old name on here? We might be able to reunite you :)

3. ChilliBob

ChilliBob Member

Pretty sure it was osaddict, I managed to login with it, however, it wouldn't let me post - like it was locked or something. I don't think I had masses of content I was especially proud of or attached to...