1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proof of a God

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MickLL, Feb 27, 2019.

1. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave. I'm not really so much of a forum type these days and just popped in to see what was what. All good wishes to you ;)

2. willie45

Hi Peter. I'm pleased to report that the cat is still very much suited to the role. He's been sponging off the people up the road while eating his fill at home too :)

peterba likes this.
  3. willie45

Hey Nige. I'm great, thank you and I hope all is well with you too. I'm not much of a forum-frequenter these days. I really can't be bothered with all the quibbling. It seems to bring out the worst in me for some reason ( doubtless my own faults coming to the fore ) but I wish you and everyone else on the forum all the best :)

4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Willie,

Are you sure you understand the meaning of the word "fittest" in the context of evolution?

Cheers,

R.

5. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

There is a difference between having sensible laws (the intent) and enforcing them (what happens).
    Arguably any religion is a cult of some type, but some cults are more harmful than others.

Learning likes this.
  6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

You'll be glad it's not your cat taking a shortcut through my veg patch.....I've been watching how Baboons get rid of Lions;):oops:

7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I will not believe there's a god until someone puts 40MP on a M43 sensor with no noise.

8. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Probably just as valid a reason as any other to believe... but even more impressive if the camera body sells for a price I can afford.

RovingMike likes this.
  9. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I believe there is a God.
    I mean, she is sitting up there, laughing her head off at all of us mugs down here struggling to find the answer to the ultimate question.
    It must give her an endless source of enjoyment watching us, as we race towards extinction by the destruction of our world.

10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Of course there is a God.
    I'm here aren't I

Bloody hell that lightning bolt just missed me

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I've never understood why an omnipotent, omniscient God would have a gender. Anyone care to explain who such a God has sex with?

SqueamishOssifrage likes this.
  12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

well the Greek gods weren't averse to a bit of animalphilia

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

The Greek gods were much more understandable; they even had parents.

Catriona likes this.
  14. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Usually their own brothers, sisters or nieces and nephews.....
    Oh sorry I was thinking about Grease Gods in America

15. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Another God, of course! ;)

She is the one in charge of idiot humans.

16. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

And if she's like the Irish in 1066 and all That ('the Irish Question' bit), whenever we get near an answer, she changes the question!

Mary Palm and her five daughters?

Catriona and DaveM399 like this.
  17. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Actually, it is impossible to be both omniscient and omnipotent. If you know exactly what's going to happen, and then you omnipotently change it, then you didn't know what was going to happen, so you're not omniscient. Likewise, if you change something with your omnipotence, then you clearly just didn't understand the situation. :D

steveandthedogs likes this.
  18. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Om does indeed deny that he is omnipotent, omnipresent and omnicognisant when in discussion with Brutha, who believes he is all three and has arguments to back it up. Om probably knows best.

19. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Who knows what really goes on in Dun Manifestin?

Lynn

20. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Carrot, Rincewind and Leonard came closest, but I wouldn't bet against Mazda bouncing a few heads against walls after the hoard released him:D