1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prints come out dark

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Len, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Len

Len New Member

Can anyone help me, when i print pics on my Epson r300 they turn out too dark. Are there any settings i can key into the printer control panel to make the printing better. I know i sound like a right numpty but this is driving me mad. Any help will be appreciated.
    Len

2. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Have you got your monitor calibrated? Have you got the correct paper etc chosen in the Print Settings? Have you tried just upping the brightness a bit before printing?

3. Dom_Rivers

Dom_Rivers Well-Known Member

When I read your question I just knew what printer you were going to be talking about, it's got the same 6 ink print head as the R200/240 etc and tends to print very dark shadow areas and oversaturate a bit, it's a known problem. You need to download the very latest Drivers from the Epson website, turn off "photoenhance" in the printer settings, go into printer settings "advanced" and make sure the gamma is set at 1.8 and it is set to "color controls", then give it a go using "Epson Vivid" in the color mode.
    Also do what you can to calibrate your monitor, if you don't have Adobe PS or Elements your graphics driver in "control panel" will probably have some calibration functions.

If you don't get the results you want go back into "color controls" and increase the brightness (by a tiny amount) and save the changes

4. Len

Len New Member

Thanks for your replies. I forgot to add that ive calibrated the monitor with spyder so that is now ok. I`ll try the adjustments that you mention Dom, thanks.
    Len

5. Dom_Rivers

Dom_Rivers Well-Known Member

Tell me how you get on, It's taken me a while to get my R200 under control, but it's printing very nicely now, I may even treat it to a set of genuine inks next time.

6. Len

Len New Member

Dom just to let you know i did what you suggested and had a play with the printer and it seems like i`m on the right track. I need to spend a bit more time fine tuning until its to my liking but i`m getting there. Thanks once again for the advice.
    Len :D