1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

printing colour negative contact prints

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by wicked1, Oct 25, 2017.

1. wicked1

wicked1 New Member

hi,

can anyone recommend anywhere that might take a load of colour negatives and print me contact sheets ?.

thanks !
    jane

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

You could try Peak Photo or AG photographic. I have never used either (for contact prints) but they're a couple of firms off the top of my head

3. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

who ever does it. it is very labour intensive, so would be expensive.

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Jane,

Like David, I would recommend Peak Imaging, although, ironically, I didn't see "contact sheet printing" in their
    Film Services section, so I would definitely contact them just to insure that they do contact prints :) .... Here's
    a link to their site -- http://www.peak-imaging.com -- As well, depending where you're located in the UK, there
    is a place in London (Bayeux Ltd), that does list "additional contact sheets" as an option, albeit at £15 :eek: If, of
    course, your film hasn't been processed, you could, probably, have it processed and scanned at, I believe, £18.
    Here's a link to the Bayeux page for pricing --http://www.bayeux.co.uk/film_processing?phpMyAdmin=FjnEhXgrBryudxhlIqpUHZ0QCLb --
    If they're old negs, then, as Terry mentions above, it could be an expensive process.

Hope this helps and let us know how it all works out.

Cheers,

Jack

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It says "digital contact sheet" as a final option. I suspect they scan the uncut film as part of the processing and dump thumbnails rather than make a contact sheet. You'd be looking at prices similar to reprints/enlargements for cut film to cover the extra cost of loading it bit by bit.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  7. wicked1

wicked1 New Member

Thanks for the recommendations chaps

jane

Done_rundleCams likes this.