1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prime lens for my K30

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by C86ODY, Mar 8, 2014.

1. C86ODY

C86ODY New Member

I believe this is my first post since signing up last year.
    i have a Pentax K30 and I'm after a prime lens.
    50mm primes are in abundance on eBay but not so much the longer focal ranges like 100mm, 135mm etc.

im basically confused on mounts as most don't state the mount version. A lot are PK but I don't know if that fits K-mount, M42's are screw mount so won't fit without an adaptor and I mostly see smc Pentax-m?!.

I don't know what to go with, I want to do landscapes and macro more as I've mostly done abandoned buildings.

i already have the 18-55 and 55-300 lenses and the cheap (for funsies), close-up lenses but I'm ill and the weather is crappy so I'm yet to find the personal drive to try them out.

2. Ffolrord

Ffolrord Well-Known Member

All K mount lenses will work. PK means K mount.

SMC Pentax : also known as K series.
    SMC Pentax M: M series.

These are fully manual lenses, stop down metering is available via the green button.
    SMC Pentax A: A series

These give you auto metering but remain manual focus.

Thereafter, F series, FA series, DFA series and DA series add autofocus. All lenses prior to DA are full frame compatible.

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Cody,

I would recommend the DA35/2.4 (£150 at SRS) or, surprisingly to me, less than the DA35/2.4 is the DA50/1.8 ( £120 at SRS ) There are, also, a few reasonably priced **used** primes at the London Camera Exchange (CLICK HERE) and here's a used DA 34/2.4 from a site called Gumtree in the UK for a mere £110 (CLICK HERE)

Cheers and all the best :)

Jack

4. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

For longer focal length & macro I can highly recommend the Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro, in the earlier non-stabilised form - I have one I use on my K20D, I've even taken occasional landscape shots with it (though I usually use something wider :) ). I believe Pentax's own 100mm macro is pretty good too, but tends to be a bit pricier.

5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member