1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Primary Colour

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by El_Sid, Apr 5, 2017.

1. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

If you've been to the April Theme thread then you may have seen this one already. The subject was one I had to capture the moment I saw her.. Unfortunately she moved her hand just before I shot the picture and before I could take another someone else sat at the other end of the bench and spoiled the composition...

Question is do I stick with the full size original?...

[​IMG]
    Primary Colour
    by Nigel Hayes, on Flickr

...or go with this crop?...

[​IMG]
    Primary Colour
    by Nigel Hayes, on Flickr

This is a bit of a new toy thread too since this is the first posted image from my newly acquired D7000 coupled with a very much less new 35-70mm f3.3-4.5 AI zoom...

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Crop is doing what you want. In to out cropping. You only get the point of the shot in close.

3. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

Yes the crop is definitely better Sid. Personally, I'd have been tempted to almost dehumanise it and go on really close and just get enough of the coloured items to imply what's there whilst focusing on the colour.

4. Nikonchris

Nikonchris Well-Known Member

the crop in my opinion....

5. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Thanks folks.

Initially I thought the background context was important but when doing the PP I started to wonder. The background has been darkened down a little in the full version but I wasn't sure whether it helped or intruded too much.

Crop it is then...:)