1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Praktica mirror stuck up - any help?

Discussion in 'Classic Models & Marques' started by Xenol, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Xenol

Xenol Well-Known Member

Set my Praktica HTL-5 to take a 1/4 second exposure. I hear the mirror flips up, but lets me waiting for it to flop back down... Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

Remove lens, gently pry the mirror down.

Works for all the Nova series and some other cameras.

3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

If the mirror is stuck up... it's obviously come from a better class of camera!

Sorry, I'll get me coat...

Adrian

4. Xenol

Xenol Well-Known Member

Prodded the mirror into the down position, just sproinged back up again. I also tried poking every level I can see with my micro-screwdriver to see if that does anything, but nada.

5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I had this problem once, if I can just get the memory to work...

Have you tried winding on and pressing the shutter?

It was something like that.

S

6. frank1

frank1 Well-Known Member

It's an old camera perhaps it is time to lay it to rest. Certainly if you can't fix it yourself it will be too costly to repair it. Praktica my second camera after a Zenith.

7. Xenol

Xenol Well-Known Member

You sir are a genius! The wind-on lever had been suspiciously smooth and I didn't want to push it too far incase I broke something, but I just pushed it all the way and the mirror flopped down :D Thanks!

8. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Never been called that before. Idiot, pillock, braindead, yes, but genius.. no.

:rolleyes:

S