1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post deleted by robertj

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by robertj, Sep 22, 2003.

1. robertj

robertj Well-Known Member

2. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Re: Focal length/28 is 28

There are some lenses which their owners treasure, and believe have an "almost 3D" rendering. But of course the answer is no because the slide or print is only 2D (height & width).

It is possible to achieve 3D by using either a camera with two side-by-side lenses, or as used to be available for some cameras a 3D attachment which split the frame into two sections, which viewed together gave the effect.

Tim BSRIPN
    [​IMG]

3. robertj

4. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Robert old son...................you are seriously weird! What is this compunction that wants to make you photograph two people with keys sticking out their backs? I'm sure there must be some deep philosophical or intellectual reason for you wanting to do this but for the life of me I'm buggered if i know what it is. Would you care to elaborate on your reasoning for wanting this particular image. I am fascinated! What is the symbolism of it?

BigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

5. robertj

6. 0

0 Guest

It's obvious, Will - she's been winding the guy up and as a result, she's a bit run-down./img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Steve

7. BigWill

Steve.....................you are a wind up merchant if ever I heard one! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

8. robertj

9. 0

0 Guest

> ... you are a wind up merchant if ever I heard one!

Then I guess you heard one, Mate!/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Steve

10. BigWill

I certainly do not find it offensive in any way Robert, I'm just intrigued to see what it is that motivated you to produce such an image........................I want to get inside your head and examine the "raison d'etre" of such an image...............can you understand that?

BigWill

11. jonlee

jonlee Well-Known Member

Robert,
    You've been talking about 3D for a long time, and yet you want to take a true 2D picture. Why? The picture is probably not a photograph but an artwork using masks and airbrushed or something.
    I'm sure you are a highly educated and very philosophical person, but as Tim said, we are just 'mere mortals' here.
    Jon

12. robertj

13. jonlee

jonlee Well-Known Member

Robert,
    You know more in photography than you are letting on. You read a lot and well educated. So, don't be modest. Pick up a camera, take the shot. Post process it as you like, then show us the result. Look forward to it. But stop the technical talk. Let's see some action. /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif
    Jon

14. robertj

15. BigWill

"I like it"......................well that's a good enough reason for me Robert......................go for it my son!

BigWill

16. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Re: 2 eyes make 3D!

Yes, i meant to use the word Stereoscopic, but it escaped me at the time.
    Thanks for correcting me!
    Those weird 3D images you stare at for ages till something appears, they dont work for me, neither do 3D glasses!

[​IMG]

17. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Those weird 3D images.....

They don't work for me either Larry! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Tim BSRIPN
    [​IMG]

18. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Or me!

Nick BSRIPN
    I am a camera.

19. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

well, they do work,my brother was amazed when he saw the pic!

[​IMG]

20. robertj