1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pop pops its clogs

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Roger Hicks, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Popular Photography in the US is apparently ceasing publication. SURELY this is a chance for AP to become the world's leading photo magazine...

Cheers (or maybe that's the wrong word),

R.

Learning likes this.
  2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Yep. Get the marketing team straight on it. There's a gap to be filled there.

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

It's quite some years since I last read Pop Photo, but it always seemed to be the king of dumbing down to me. Is that unfair?

4. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I've been using the PopPhoto.com website over the last few days to get ideas and tips for the wedding I'm shooting next month so that's quite disappointing to hear.

5. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I don't think so Nick. They had some of their writers for many years and were slow to bring along new ones but I haven't read Pop Photo for many years either so I can't say that is the cause.

6. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Especially in these digital days. No need to wait for a steamship. Indeed if our publishers felt that there was a market for a paper edition in the states then presses each side of the Atlantic could be racing each other. Americans don't have much class of their own but they still seem to like it from quaint old Britain. Well somewhat wishfully so.

7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Well, my copy of the final issue arrived at my newsagents this morning.

Funnily enough, there seems to be no mention in it about ceasing publication. Or on their web site. Or the Bonnier web site. At least, none that I can find.

8. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

I always thought AP was the number one mag!