1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Would you ever use a selfie stick?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

You don't mean like this, do you, ALindsay?

[​IMG]

These folks stopped at all 4 vignettes on the wall :eek:

Jack

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  2. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

I noticed on my bottle of Coke hey are giving 1 million of the things away... That's a lot in anyone's language.

3. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

...seems like a sensible way for them to record their visit.

4. Done_rundleCams

Ya know, S_A, there's absolutely no room for practically in this house of dorky theory ….. ;)

and point noticed … but still,ya know :eek:

Cheers ……. from someone who has done two selfies, the old fashioned way :D

Jack

5. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

Yeah I can see myself using one as it would be great for shots of an adder but my camera Oly OMD would be on the end with my phone controlling the shot.

But a monopod would do for that.

better than this anyway

[​IMG]Togger spotted by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  6. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Well, I have been considering one to hold my Lumia 640, with a superclamp, on the bedside table so I can use the Amazon Kindle app to read my books without holding it (the Lumia!!).:D

7. Done_rundleCams

:D:D:D:D and that would make a great shot, Andy :D

Cheers,

Jack

8. Sejanus.Aelianus

While we're on the subject, what's a tripod, if it isn't an overgrown selfie stick?

:D

[​IMG]

9. Adamknox

Adamknox Well-Known Member

I personally don't think there is much wrong with an actual "Selfie stick" its more about who and where the person is using it. I was in McDonalds the other day (Don't judge m, i was only getting a diet coke lol) and a chav got one out and started trying to take a photo while doing the peace sign, while in the que. For me this is a big NO!!!!. What's the point?

If you are using it to take a photo of you and a group of friends at the beach/day out then a HUGE Yes! I can totally understand this; It allows for all of you to get into shot, It allows you to get a more fun angle, it doesn't give a stranger a chance to run off with your phone and.. It does make people laugh which is also great for a photo.

10. Big Nige

Big Nige Member

Personally the answer is Hell no!!!!! I HATE seing my fisog on a picture so taking one myself is guaranteed to get me wanting to press the Delete button! I, like many photties, prefer being behind the camera.

However, if it floats your boat.......

11. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

That's a very good point. If I ever go missing the only photo of me the police will have to work from is in black and white, wearing a suit, with a straw hat, comedy oversized glasses and smoking a fake pipe... I'm also gurning. It was that kind of party.

12. Sejanus.Aelianus

I'll be easy to identify: I'm the little bald guy with a camera permanently up to his face...

:D

[​IMG]

13. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

yea... here here
    at my age the only stick that is becoming an attractive proposition is a walking stick:D