1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Would you buy a brand new film camera?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Liam Clifford, May 18, 2017.

1. Paul Manuell

Paul Manuell Member

Cheers for that, well explained and easily understood. Very surprised at such short exposures with such a small aperture, so I've definitely learnt something there.

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

In lower light exposures can easily go into many minutes. I think my longest was about 15 minutes. However, with fast film like HP5+ it's all quite flexible - set up, read the light, expose, move on and repeat. If you know the exposure is long it can be a painstaking process of making sure you get the set-up/composition right, as you don't want to have to wait around for a safety shot. ;)

3. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Hi neil, :confused: Well, I did have a mosey round eBay and a few dealers (such as Teamwork) and was surprised at prices. No decent field cameras - apart from Linhofs (Oiy! The prices!!) - to be found, either, and that is what I'd want, a field camera. I've tried lugging a Sinar Norma around 'in the field' a little.

The film revival is definitely gathering pace. Sensible for me would be s/h Fuji GX680 (to get some tilt & shift correction) but I'd have to spend more on that than I'd get for not buying the Intrepid and for selling my 5x4 lens, darkslides and film. Then I'd want more lenses for the Fuji ... o_O . Anyway, I have another slight complication. May have to start a Thread for this one. Cheers, Oly

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

If I had the money to shoot 5x4 less casually, I'd like a Walker Titan XL Wide 5x4. Don't want/need folding, and they are tough.