1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Which format do you use most of the time?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Damien_Demolder, Jun 27, 2011.

1. TwoFace

TwoFace Well-Known Member

I work for a media company that has me running around town doing 2 or 3 different assignments per day.
    Always JPEG no time for RAW.

2. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

on those cameras that support it I use raw.

3. elfriclongarm

elfriclongarm Well-Known Member

Watcha All,
    there is a presumption amongst some of the posters that there are only 2 formats, raw and jpg, there are many. I usually shoot in medium format, 645, I rarely use 35 mm cos I don't often shoot in colour, sometimes I take out the Shen Hao and shoot in 5x4, when I shoot digital I always use raw.
    best
    Mick

4. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

... and that's because the original question was concerned with raw & jpeg capture options. This thread wasn't concerned with the size of the format.

5. elfriclongarm

The original question didn't make any assertions that it was refering to digital only, that is an assuimption by readers who have been taken in by the lie that the only way is digital. Of course, comparing digital to mouldy, tasteless supuermarket bread is probably fair.
    best
    Mick

6. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

The context of the AP polls and their associated threads is frequently closely connected with the relevant issue of the magazine, and if you refer back to the 1st. post in this thread, you'll see the word "RAW" on the magazine's front page illustrated thereon.

Many of us here use film as well as digital, some even use LF.

7. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Corrected for common politeness and spelling

Roger

8. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Rather late to change it now but possibly the question should have been " Which file format do you use most of the time?".

9. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

No, I'm afraid it's you that has made an incorrect assumption. The original post linked to a poll question that was asking if people shot on RAW, JPEG or both. Thus everyone else has answered the thread correctly, you are the only one that is wrong, and have left yourself looking pretty foolish in the process with your silly rant.

10. elfriclongarm

The original post by Damien doesn't ask whether you use raw or jpg..best
    Mick

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

As I said, the poll he linked to did...

12. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Oh dear, not another one... [​IMG]

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I'm rather afraid so...

14. benji

benji Well-Known Member

I used to use RAW exclusively when I was submitting to photo agencies.

I may still use RAW when shooting landscapes, but for run of the mill photos, I've switched to jpegs. It's hard to get a jpeg wrong nowadays with all the help at hand. The only thing I may have to adjust is the colour cast, which on some jpegs can be a bit off, but even so, i don't really bother with shooting RAW. I find jpegs are easy enough to correct.

(of course, RAW's the better way to go about it, but I'm just not so fussy these days)

Benji