1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - What puts you off taking more portraits?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Cast your vote on this week's poll - What puts you off taking more portraits?

[​IMG]

2. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

People!

;)

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

a poll with a choice option I can agree with!

4. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I love taking candid portraits but hate the idea of getting 'caught' doing so, so I've gone with the 'too shy' option. Nowadays I get my fix of candid portraiture by attending events where people expect to end up in pictures - 1940s days, parades, folk events and the like.

Cheers, Jeff

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Quote - I don't what to have to buy studio equipment ??

Anyway, My gripe is suitable venue and lighting. The right venue for background/s props and the lighting, preferably natural, but spots to hand if wanted.

6. Fishboy

This all reminds me of another documentary I saw on the internet where a photographer was taking pictures of a pretty young lady in his studio and...well...one thing lead to another and they both ended up rolling about naked on the floor.

Personally I think I'd prefer to keep my socks on so I've got somewhere safe that I can tuck my flash meter.

Cheers, Jeff

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  7. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Sounds exactly like the scene in "Blow Up" where David Hemmings, Jane Birkin and Gillian Hills get very naughty in the studio. Not many pictures seem to get taken! :)

8. Fishboy

If he'd kept his socks on he could've stuffed a couple of spare rolls of film in them and had them easily to hand when needed!

Cheers, Jeff

9. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I've never enjoyed portraiture for the sake of it. I have to do some these days, but it's all very boring stuff. I remind myself of the old portrait painter who used to do the portrait stuff for money, so he could paint landscapes. Sadly, I can't remember who it was, but someone pretty famous. ;)

10. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

What puts me off portraiture?...

Basically all the options bar the last one...;):D

11. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Most of my photography is devoted to selling stock and portraits don't sell (as stock), unless the person concerned is in/famous or is doing something of wider interest.

I have dabbled in the past, but only with friends and family, or, informally, in the street.

Not a priority.

12. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Total lack of interest in portaits.

Lynn

13. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

I don't think I have the confidence I ued to have regarding taking photos of people in general?