1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - What photo kit would you most like to get for Christmas? 17-24 Dec 16

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Film - I rather fell in love with the square
    Format of the Hasselblad last
    term and now don't seem to own a 35mm with reliable shutter
    Speeds!

2. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

I have never had any photo equipment whatsoever for Christmas or had any bought me for presents! in fact I hate the stuff, I hate carrying it around, I hate taking it on holidays and its just a headache insuring it but with out it I can't take photographs....lifes tough enough without all these extras.....don't get me wrong though, I like Christmas and just wish my Mom and Dad could still be here to enjoy it with us! Walking up to the local church for midnight mass is a wonderful feeling especially if its cold and frosty...........Happy Christmas everybody!

3. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Having been forced to tidy up my kit I realise that I already have more than I can reasonably use so I am with Roger, expenses paid travel would do nicely.

4. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

I voted lens as I'd like a 90mm Fujinon for my X-T1 but realisticly I already have a pricey crimbo pressie to myself in the form of a ZWO ASI1600 cooled mono CMOS astro camera and filter wheel, £1500 together.

5. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

If you ever go for a Hasselblad V, beware, spares are becoming short and they do break down quite a lot.

6. boredlondongurl

boredlondongurl New Member

I pretty much have all the kit I need - an Olympus camera and a few lenses and a couple of filters - so I'd be more than happy with a tripod! I've been meaning to buy one for myself for ages!

7. ChrisNewman

ChrisNewman Well-Known Member

A useful point; I’ve bought most of my kit shortly after Christmas, sometimes made savings, and never lost out as a result. But this year might be different; there are probably price rises in the pipeline as a consequence of the post-referendum fall in Sterling.

I planned to ignore my own advice this year, and buy a 24-70mm in early November to replace my Tamron lens after its image stabilization was irreparably damaged when I let my camera bag fall from a coat hook on a WC cubicle door. But, very sadly, my wife had a stroke, so I’ve been busy with other things. Now I’m delighted that she’s coming home before Christmas, so I hope to try the new VR Nikkor 24-70mm in the next few weeks. Unfortunately it seems as though I won’t be taking my new lens on nearly as many adventurous walks as I was expecting.

I found it, but didn’t want to seem greedy, so voted for the new lens. But in addition to a 24-70mm, I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a Nikon D810, a few Gitzo tripods, a new computer with a large high-quality monitor, and a better long telephoto lens than my current Sigma 150-500mm, if Santa chose to leave them. But “All of them” would be greedy! I don’t feel the need for a CSC, and I’m currently struggling to get my camera bag replaced under warranty.

Chris

8. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

It wasn't anything particularly grand this year, as I already have lots of new and as yet unused kit to work through, but there was one thing I had a strange yearning for and I think I may have succeeded in getting one: a fully working FED 5 35mm rangefinder.

I ordered one that looked quite promising on Ebay and collected it from Argos yesterday. No pictures taken yet but it seems to be without the usual problems, in so far as the meter responds to different light levels, the rangefinder is in line horizontally and vertically and the hot shoe fires a flashgun. Here's hoping.

Wheelu likes this.
  9. greyowl

greyowl Member

If AP is playing Santa

Just a Nikon 400 f2.8 please would be nice