1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - What photo kit would you most like to get for Christmas? 17-24 Dec 16

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Take part and vote on the poll - What photo kit would you most like to get for Christmas?

[​IMG]

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Two round-the-world airline tickets, all expenses paid...

Cheers,

R.

GeoffR and Geren like this.
  3. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Wouldn't we all Roger, wouldn't we all....

4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Chris,

There is that. But it would be a lot more fun than new kit, and give me better pictures (which new kit wouldn't).

Cheers,

R.

5. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I think I have pretty nearly all the kit I need / want at the moment. As the pace of technology has slower down I suspect that quite few have come to the same conclusion and that's what is causing grief in various boardrooms in Japan at the moment

Roger Hicks likes this.
  6. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Nope.

Unlimited first-class rail travel round the UK, mind you... :cool:

Wheelu and Geren like this.
  7. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

If we're going to be serious about all this, mine's a magic carpet with a decent GPS.

8. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Ah - a set of singular choices in the poll - I thought kit implied rather more. I put lens, although I don't need another one. It seems a popular wish though.

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Did hardly anyone scroll down to "all of the above"?? Surprised how few picked it.

EightBitTony likes this.
  10. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I certainly don't need one, but I fancy using a Fugi Xt2 and power base with 18-55 and 50-140 lenses.
    I could never justify it, As at my age I can't get around enough these days, to make it worth while.
    but it would be fun right enough.

11. PeteRob

I'm waiting for the XT-1 to fall to £200 used - there seem to be so many about at hopeful prices. Our local independent had 7 in the window last week.

12. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. Well I most certainly don't hate Christmas but none of those things are on my wishlist. The time and money to travel at will would be pretty high up on the list but I'm still hankering for a Hasselblad medium format camera, or frankly even a more reliable 35mm SLR.

13. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I have spent my life doing the film thing...and it does not excite me any more.
    What I find so interesting is the rapid rise of the Csc and the way Fuji and Olympus have taken it, in only a few years, to rival the best professional Dslr's
    In terms of advanced developments there is little doubt that they will so be some way ahead.

Sony would probably be leading the field if they actually had a plan, and not an out of controll butterfly brain. It would also do better if they listened to their users A Fuji do.
    They have frittered away much of their inheritance from Minolta up blind alleys.

Wheelu likes this.
  14. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Answered a new CSC, the present one has been around the clock a few times, but it's folly to buy before Xmas, better to wait for next year's price drops.

What I would like would be an opportunity to briefly go back in time, preferably the mid fifties, with my current camera gear, and shoot the steam trains climbing Shap etc.

Idea of flying around the world singularly unattractive, would love to visit those places, but the getting there and the coming back.......

Maybe if could be achieved as a series of short hops with no overnight flights, or if I could be rendered unconscious during the flights.

15. PeteRob

Flew business to the US once. After dinner drinks trolley came around. I asked for a cognac. What's a cognac? came a plaintif voice from behind, her colleague passed a bottle, over my shoulder came a brim-full brandy glass.

16. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Well what happened next? Did you drink it all?:eek:

17. cliveva

cliveva Well-Known Member

full frame camera, with f1.4 , 24-105mm zoom, that fits in a pocket:rolleyes: Oh & clean 100,000 iso pics.

18. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

I've experimented with alcohol induced stupor and alcohol free long haul flying, but found both solutions to be equally execrable. Some lucky people just go to sleep on reaching their seat, but I remain in a zombie like state of discomfort, tiredness and boredom, and then suffer badly from jetlag. Not sure that I would prefer to have my teeth pulled, but it's a close run thing.

Travelling by ocean liner, or even a harbour tugboat, might be preferable, probably mind numbingly boring, but the chance to walk the deck and to sleep overnight.

Catriona likes this.
  19. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I'll go for one of those new-fangled medium format digital jobbies if the beardy chimney bloke's giving them away.

As an aside, I was going to buy a bottle of perfume for that Mariah Carey lass as a bit of a pressie, but I heard her on the radio earlier saying that she doesn't want 'owt again this year.

Cheers, Jeff

20. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Geren, Film or digital? Oly