1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - What is your most prized and valued accessory?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, May 24, 2016.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Vote on this week's poll - What is your most prized and valued accessory?

[​IMG]

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

My eyes.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  3. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Great reply, I wish I had thought of that:)

4. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Well that's the end of that poll :)

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Mmmm. I'd understand an accessory to be generally something not essential but useful/enhancing so I'd put the eyes first and accessorise the camera!

Funny old poll. I'd put right angle finder as an accessory to an SLR on a tripod - so much easier to use.

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Probably Lightroom. Sad really... Aside from that, a tripod and cable release most likely.

7. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

And a good dose of imagination and/or fantasy.

Lynn

8. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Leaving aside all of the worthy comments that have been made about eyes, imagination and intestinal fortitude and thinking about the options given in the poll, I'd have to say that my most important accessory is my camera bag.

I use a backpack than can fit more or less whatever kit I feel I need for a photographic expedition which is great. What's more important to me is that it also can fit everything I need for a day at work - which means that I've almost always got a camera with me.

Cheers, Jeff

EightBitTony likes this.
  9. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Easy to vote Tripod/Support but which one? I love my Gitzo Monotrek monopod/trekking pole, fitted with a Manfrotto head, which is always with me when out with a camera, and gets a lot of use. On the other hand, my Manfrotto 190 CX PRO4 tripod with the 460 three-way magnesium head and leveling centre column is an excellent and much used bit of kit.

Decisions, decisions...
    ...so I guess I'll have to vote for Tripod/Support twice. :D

10. mjc7uk

mjc7uk Well-Known Member

SD Memory...without it I have no resource to store the photo(s)...

Catriona likes this.
  11. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

I thought about this for some time. What, I wondered, might be the accessory I use most without even thinking about it?

Then I realized. It's a camera strap.

Cheers,

R.

RogerMac and Zou like this.
  12. Roger Hicks

Film works very well.

Cheers,

R.

13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Good call - I'm never without at least a wrist strap with any of my handheld cameras.

14. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

My vote fell in the "Something Else" category: an exposure meter, in my case the Gossen Lunasix F.

Why? I've several cameras with no meter (Agfas, a Zorki) which wouldn't be a lot of use without it.

15. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Probably my macro ringflash.

Backup discs are pretty handy too:)

16. ChrisNewman

ChrisNewman Well-Known Member

My camera was supplied with battery and strap, so I suppose that strictly the memory cards are most valued. But I polled for my tripod, although I would hate to have to do without my rucksack-style camera bag and polarizing filter.

Chris

17. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Lots of things I find invaluable - OpTech straps, my little Kata bag, and my bigger LowePro ones; my tripods, especially my favourite Gitzo 1228; my tablet, with which I can control and shoot remotely - makes life so much easier sometimes; my studio flash or backgrounds; but overall at the moment, it's a combination of my main on-camera flash, rotating bracket, off camera cord and collapsible flash diffuser (sort of a mini softbox) - it gives pretty even light and is great for events. Would never have thought that would be my most useful kit a year or two back, would've gone for a polariser.

18. miked

miked Well-Known Member

I like to think I'm an upright sort of chap, so my Arco tripod head and L-bracket are constant companions.

19. KrystalsGrandad2502

KrystalsGrandad2502 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's possible to choose just one item. Yes, there are things that we need less but much of the rest of our kit requires at least two or three things to be of use. If you choose the camera you need to include, batteries, lens and memory card, because without one the others are worthless. Saying that I'd have to choose my back pack for when I'm on the bike :p

20. Roger Hicks

Why do you need batteries and memory cards? Most of my best cameras need neither: just some film.

Cheers,

R.