1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - What do you like to shoot in autumn?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Cast your vote on the poll - What do you like to shoot in autumn?

[​IMG]

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

For the majority of Autumn I'm like a pit pony, never seeing daylight. I arrive at work while it's still dark and get home in an equal degree of inky blackness. If I had no consideration for the need to earn a living I suppose I could grab my camera during the day and escape, blinking, into the daylight however since they don't give away gas, electricity and cornflakes, that just isn't to be.

At weekends I can sometimes escape into the outdoors with a camera in hand, but living in the bleak North I usually emerge to featureless 'tupperware' skies and flat light or, more commonly, into torrential downpours of rain, snow or sleet.

I'd love to have enough money to spend Autumn days pottering along leafy dells capturing the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness in all of its glory, but for the majority of people with full-time jobs I suspect that it just isn't possible.

I voted for leaves. I might grab a couple off the street tonight and try taking pictures of them indoors or failing that I might try some still lifes of sheets of toilet paper.

Cheers, Jeff

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I voted leaves as well but In the large sense as in deciduous woodland not so much as still life. Dunno where to find funghi - not in my dictionary anyway.

4. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Another boring leaf shooter here, but the colours do transform a scene. I look forward to the autumn display and this year has not disappointed. :)

A few bleak months ahead, perhaps we'll see some snow... :(

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I have an awful temptation to say grouse... but in truth, rainy scenes grab my attention, with strong shadows, bright low sunshine and leafless trees in the woods. People can also be interesting dashing about and kids enjoying puddles. Indoors, still lifes can occasionally be an inspiration. In low light, blurred and oof shots can have their own charm.

Zou likes this.
  6. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Probably either fungi or galaxies, though I have unfinished business with NGC281.

TBH Spring is really Galaxy Time, but the nights are getting shorter.

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Not a good autumn for fungi this year; its been quite dry. I found some bluies today. I was more interested in eating them than photographing them.

8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I am still allive so my identification of the wild mushroms was probably not too inaccurate