1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll - What do you find is the biggest annoyance with home printing?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Liam Clifford, Aug 16, 2017.

1. jimh

jimh Well-Known Member

Yes, escaped yet again! Cost me 162 of your English pounds (and change) Very reasonable I thought.

2. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

I use an on-line service BECAUSE of the issues with home printing. It shouldn't be listed as a problem with home printing.
    I only print photos once or twice a year, so print heads tended to block up.

This hasn't changed since before the poll started back in 2017!

3. JackAllTog

JackAllTog New Member

Blocking ink tanks - grrr.
    Then printer fussiness over compatible cartridges.

4. jimh

jimh Well-Known Member

Sadly, like the Lib Dems, this topic has faded into obscurity, now......what else can I moan about? Ah yes, "Kids today!"

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

you're early, has Black Friday stirred you into action:rolleyes:

6. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Cost of ink.
    Has anyone tried Epsoms tank printers. They only use four or five inks.

And when is a staffer going to take on this chat room?

7. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Epson make them and I have one, it works well and cheaply, I am happy with it but I also have an A3 printer.

8. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Never.

It's dead Jim.

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

How is it for photo print quality on postcard and A4? I need to replace my printer but have no need for larger formats or photolab quality as I get those done on fancy paper by a photolab, but for family use it'd be good to be able to print economically to a decent standard.

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Nah, it's just pining for the fjords.

EightBitTony likes this.
  11. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I have a large quantity of Epson 5x7 paper and it produces excellent prints at that size. I haven't tried anything larger.

Zou likes this.
  12. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Thanks Geoff, that's really helpful. We tend to mostly print 6x4 or occasionally 5x7 so it sounds like we'd be satisfied.