1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - What camera would you take on a European city break?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, May 17, 2016.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Vote on this week's poll - What camera would you take on a European city break?

[​IMG]

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I would take a DSLR, a CSC and a premium compact - I travel light. ;)

Well, 2 out of 3, anyway, one definitely being the DSLR.

3. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

DSLR for the daytime/sightseeing bit, and an enthusiast compact for the nightlife. Should have been check-boxes, not radio-buttons, so I exploited a flaw in the system - I voted DSLR in IE, and enthusiast compact in Edge. Still got Chrome and Firefox to go, but I have run out of digital cameras. :D

4. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I would take my Etch-a-Sketch.

Zou likes this.
  5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Vito II

S

6. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Leica M9 with an M8 in case of mishap -- and LOTS of batteries. Two or three lenses (or more, depending on the city: I'd take more for Prague than for Paris): 18, 35*, 50*, 75, 135 (most useful lenses asterisked).

But then, Frances would have an MP and her lenses... (actually the 18 is hers).

Cheers,

R.

7. andymcd

andymcd Well-Known Member

Fuji X-E2 plus Nikon 35-70/3.5AI, Nikon fit Vivitar 19/3.8AIs and Nikon 200/4AI. Maybe one of Nikon fit Cosina 24/2.8AIs or Nikon 100/2.8E depending if I have space.

8. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Depends. If I was on my own probably the DSLR. If going with my wife then a CSC or enthusiast compact as I'd have less time for photography so would be travelling light. Next month I'll be going to France for a few days but it's be the enthusiast compact (Nikon P7000) I take as I'm going primarily for the football. I will take a lightweight tripod though.

9. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

If I had to go on a city break I'd just take a compact.

Although the last city I visited was Aberdeen so even that was overkill ;)

Geren likes this.
  10. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I voted 'Other' as I have no intention of ever going on a European city break and so my camera of choice is limited only by my imagination.

Let's see... how about a restored Russian FKD 8X10? With the sheet film adaptor, of course!

;)

11. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Steve,

You never go to London? Or Bristol? Or...

Cheers,

R.

12. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

They're not Europe - Europe starts at Calais!

;)

13. Bejay

Bejay Well-Known Member

Only after Brexit...

andymcd and Roger Hicks like this.
  14. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

And after that, in the other direction, possibly at Berwick...

15. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

This Steve certainly doesn't! I went to Bangor last month, does that count?

S

16. Steve neal

Steve neal New Member

I would take both the canon dslr and the compact you never know when an opportunity will present itself in photography ..

17. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I know exactly what I would take as I have been on seven such breaks in the last eighteen months. (Edinburgh, York and London in the UK and Zurich, Aachen, Athens and Brussels. on the continent itself. The kit list is: Canon 6D plus 24-105mm L 40mm pancake and (very recently) the 16-35mm

Of that lot of visits I produced about six images I like myself and one (in London) that has done very well in intra-club competitions..So not a high hit rate, must try harder.

18. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

RX100M3, no backup, and certainly no DSLR unless I knew that I surely would want one.
    If the RX100M3 broke down, or was stolen, or lost, then I would head for the nearest decent camera shop and buy an RX100M4. In a European capital city that would not be too much of an inconvenience. Any unhappiness at the demise of the M3 would be made up for by the pleasure of a new M4.

daft_biker likes this.
  19. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Probably my 600D and the EF-S15-85, I usually regret it if I don't.

20. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Fuji X100 s. One trip to Berlin on EasyJet where I more or less wore all of my clothes on the flight over to allow room in my carry on bag for a big DSLR and associated lenses and the like persuaded me that I needed a small, fixed lens option with no fuss for 'travel weekends'. Have never yet regretted it.

andymcd likes this.