1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - On average, how much time a week do you dedicate...

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

... to photography, including everything from taking photos and editing, to reading magazines or online articles?

Cast your vote
    on this week's poll - On average, how much time a week do you dedicate to photography, including everything from taking photos and editing, to reading magazines or online articles?

[​IMG]

2. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

I don't think the range of options in the poll go nearly high enough. Especially for those of us who are enjoying retirement and can spend time on our hobbies.

I reckon I spend well over 60 hours per week on photography and related activities.

3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

A lot more than I should I suspect...[​IMG]

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

It varies wildly, and not as much as I'd like is the answer.

5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Varies from under 24 (rare) to well over 80 (especially intense trips).

But then, that does include writing about it...

Cheers,

R.

6. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

I don't.

I never leave home without a camera. If I see something I like, I'll start recording it. When I feel like posting a picture, I do so. No time "dedicated" to it. Just done as and when...

[​IMG]

7. PhotoEcosse

....so, by no stretch of the imagination could you call yourself an "enthusiastic photographer"; more a sort of casual snapper. Absolutely fair enough.

But, in thinking about the question a bit more, I realise that I am quite the opposite from you, if only in the planned v. casual aspect. Just take the last few days......

On Saturday I participated in a full day P-MUG (Photographic Meet-up Group) visit to Glasgow and the Clyde.

On Sunday, I got up at 5:30am to travel from Stirling to Rannoch Moor/Glencoe in the hope of getting some good sunrise shots and then some red stags rutting in Glen Etive.

For a large chunk of yesterday, I was preparing my material for tonight's camera club Beginners Course session.

Today, I have been preparing material for tomorrow's Camera Club meeting and tonight I have the Beginners Course.

As far as I know, so far, tomorrow will be a light day - only the Camera Club evening planned so far. But I may spend some time preparing prints for the Smethwick International Salon which I will have to get posted off within the next week or so.

Don't know how I ever had time to go to work back in the day!

Eric

8. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

It all depends............if I've got a newly developed film to mount (slides) and scan for index thumbnails then perhaps a couple of hours, assuming that I do everything in one session. If I'm selecting and scanning/cleaning up slides for future use- prints etc.- then perhaps another couple of hours, again assuming that I do everything in one session. Otherwise..........

Lynn

9. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Can't vote - no options for
    - Dunno
    - Haven't a clue, s'pose it varies really

10. Sejanus.Aelianus

Well, casual enough to have made something like a quarter of a million images or so. :D

Casual snapper? Dunno what else I'd call myself, if asked for a definition, so casual snapper it is...

:cool:

[​IMG]

11. PhotoEcosse

OK - I'll amend my definition.

"Extremely prolific casual snapper"

:)

12. Sejanus.Aelianus

Yup!

I'll go for that.

:D

[​IMG]

13. It depends on work, but I try to get out at least once a week to take photographs, mostly of my home town of Sheffield and it's architecture.

14. Ilovemycam

Ilovemycam In the Stop Bath

I can't say. On average from part time to full time to overtime. Just depends.

15. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Some weeks I spend more time going to the news agents to buy AP than I do reading it, let alone taking pictures.

My newsagents is 300ft from my from my front door. [​IMG]