1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - On average how much do you read of each issue of AP?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Take part and vote on this week's poll - On average how much do read of each issue of AP?

[​IMG]

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

All of it - when I buy one...;)

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I put cover to cover - actually it gets read more than once in our household - especially while Time continue to send 2 copies (on the fifth month now)

4. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I went with 'the majority of the issue' - I read everything to do with technique, processing, profiles of photographers and so forth as well as all the portfolios, letters and other regular features. I cast an eye over equipment reviews unless they relate to the systems that I use in which case I give them more attention. I skip the adverts unless I'm looking for something in particular and I tear out any pages relating to Canon equipment so that I can use them in case of a future toilet paper emergency.

Cheers, Jeff

(The part about the pages with Canon equipment isn't true)

Roger Hicks likes this.
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

None of it, probably a few years since I bought a copy. If bought though, cover to cover.

6. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I voted "the majority of the issue" but I rarely read camera or lens reviews as I have the lenses I need and I am not looking to upgrade the bodies.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  7. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

+1

8. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I get the occasional issue and read most of it.

9. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

During the last year or so of my subscription the only item I read regularly was Roger Hick's page.

Lynn

Roger Hicks likes this.
  10. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Cover to cover, or until Mr. Patel moves me on whilst reminding me his shop isn't a library, whichever comes first..

11. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I skim read to start with and then go back to the sections that seem interesting. Usually like the letters section, anything to do with technique landscape or wildlife photography and articles on old equipment. I read some equipment reviews, even ones on Nikon. The adverts section is annoying and I never refer to it as all the information is online. I suppose it helps to remind readers of the major suppliers. If they stopped advertising would the publication survive without a large price increase?

12. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

I don't...

13. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Try 2-5x. Would you (or anyone) pay £7-15 a copy? Could they afford to? I couldn't.

Cheers,

R.

14. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

That is more than I thought, quite frightening. Most publications would disappear.

Let's hope the advertising base remains stable.

15. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Quite. Advertising is a VERY strange business. You have no doubt encountered the saying -- far less true with most magazines than with almost anything on line -- that if you aren't paying for something, then you're the product. Advertising is one of the more pernicious aspects of the current (late) version of (so called) capitalism. Nanopayments are almost certainly the future, as described in (for example) http://www.futuristspeaker.com/business-trends/going-beyond-micro-payments-to-nano-payments/ and https://news.bitcoin.com/satoshipay-bitcoin-nanopayments-mainstream/

Mind you, it'll put a lot of worthless parasites out of business. This is a disruptive technology but good for those who create content.

Cheers,

R.

16. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

Almost cover to cover. Or in fact, usually cover to cover. There are only two things I skip: anything about backpacks, which as a wheelchair user I cannot use, and anything in either accessories or software which can only be used with computers, tablets or mobile phones made by Apple, a firm whose products I refuse to use.

I also skim articles on video, unless they relate to kit I own.