1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Is your photography stuck in a rut?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Damien_Demolder, Jun 4, 2013.

1. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

My photography has been on the back burner for the last year. We had a bit of building work done last summer which saw the darkroom (loft) converted into a master bedroom with associated moving around and re decorating of all the other bedrooms. Phase two will see a bigger kitchen and utility room, the utility room will have no windows, a very large sink on one wall and a dry bench on the opposite wall...............can you tell what it is yet?

2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: Poll - Is your photography stuck in a rut? Nope, but my ...

... daily life is :eek:

Cheers,

Jack

3. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

...and it's still in a rut on HDR on Sunday evening

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

That's the trouble with HDR....it requires multiple exposures :eek:

5. velocette

velocette Well-Known Member

No and certainly not as much as a rut as the poll results tha are still showing HDR.

6. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

The Polls for AP may be rubbish but the title of this one is GREAT! When viewed in conjunction with other Thread titles it throws up some wonderful correlations: Is Your Photography Stuck in a Rut? Shoegaze. :)

7. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Re: Poll now showing!!!

Finally! The poll is actually showing on the home page!

8. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Re: Poll now showing!!!

I've forgotten my answer.....:( :rolleyes:

9. 0lybacker

Is your photography stuck in a rut above Hebden, north Yorkshire?

Now that's what I really want to know!

:)

10. 0lybacker

Is your photography stuck in a rut?

What now?

Absolutely!

:eek:

11. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Is it a fish gutting room? :p

12. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

A CIA interrogation centre? ;)

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Funny thing is I don't seem to mind what I'm taking pictures of, as long as I'm taking pictures. My first love remains travel and landscape and arty-farty renditions of both, but I took loads of pictures last week connected to work, and have mostly taken kids sport pictures this year - and I'm perfectly happy. I used to get quite worked up if I couldn't find something to shoot, now I just get on with it and have fun whatever I'm doing.

14. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

There's always something to shoot, even if it's skies, textures and/or backgrounds for Photoshop projects I'm never stuck for reason to press a shutter release.

15. velocette

velocette Well-Known Member

No I've never had that trouble. I carry a camera with me all the time and photograph just about anything that interests me so I probably average around 50 images a week and many more if I'm away or at an 'event'. My approach is that I don't go out to take photographs but go out AND take photographs. Many of course are the dreaded 'record shots' greatly beloved of judges but I take photos for my interest and nobody else's and it's amazing how often I'm asked for photos of something or someone by people I've been out with who didn't have a camera with them themselves.

16. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

:cool:Perhaps I should sound proof it too.

17. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hmmm ... waterboarding a fish??? Illegal, immoral or will it matter ;)

Jack

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  18. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I was definately in a rut. Then I retired from work and joined a photography club, something my thirty-nine years of shift working made difficult to do. Really enjoying my photography again.

19. 0lybacker

re #29 & #30 It just got better:

Is your photography stuck in a rut?

Reflection

Have a break

Buying a grey import

:D

Am tempted to post 'You couldn't make it up' :rolleyes: but of course four people did just that and umpteen other posters then have, in a random way, sorted them.

20. Skyehammer

Skyehammer Well-Known Member

Having just started out , my enthusiasm is at its peak , but it's interesting to hear of so many experienced photographers ' being stuck in a rut '.

My advice is to take up another hobby for say 6 months , maybe painting or just going out for a walk , then you'll find it all coming back , or maybe try a different form of photography .

The best of luck to those who are suffering .