1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - If you could only ever shoot on one focal...

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I guess this is a joke question because I can't see any point in using just one lens unless its a zoom.

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Not so much a joke as a fishing expedition...

I suspect strongly that some, maybe most, of the poll questions are designed, in part at least, to get an idea of what the readership is currently interested in and therefore what sort of articles/reviews/features AP should offer over the following weeks or months...

3. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Well, I still have my Rollei 2000 system with 21mm f:4, 28mm f:2, 35mm f:1.4, 50mm f:1.4, 85mm f:1.4, 135mm f:2.8 and 200mm f:3.5 - all Zeiss, except the top and bottom which were Voigtlander. All I need now is digital back for the Rollei. :cool:

4. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Cooeeeee! Somebody actually bought a Rollei 2000 system. Well, well.

Now, there's a thing! :D

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Er, guess what.... ;)

6. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

!!.Re: Poll - If you could only ever shoot on one focal...

Yup - and I loved it. I used it for over twenty years, 1985 to 2008, before the electronics started to fail on both bodies.

7. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

35mm - and I only use 35mm film..

Lynn

8. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Lynn, there's a beautiful symmetry about that.

I like that.

There's a beautiful economy about that, too.

I like that as well.

Cheers, Oly :)

9. Richard Sibley

Richard Sibley AP Deputy Editor

The question was designed to make you think about what focal length you would chose if you 'could only shoot on one focal length lens again, what would it be?'.

Having looked at the data from thousands of my images in Lightroom, I have taken more images between between 28-50mm.

So if some unknown mysterious power raged down upon earth and banished all other focal lengths from this realm, but allowed me to shoot for eternity with just one, I would choose 35mm (on a 35mm equivalent frame).

10. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Psst.... Half way between 28 and 50 is closer to 40 than 35, and Canon (I expect other makers as well) does an excellent 40mm pancake.