1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - How regularly do you back-up your images?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Nigel_Atherton, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

1, what do you do with your xcopy if the HDD in your computer efs up?

2, I dont like trusting my fotos to uncle sam so cloud is out for me, beside, what do you do if the cloud efs up your fotos, compensation wont bring your fotos back.

disk mirroring is safe, the chances of both disks effing up at once is lower than me winning the lottery.:cool:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Another risk with cloud storage is that you become vulnerable to any loss of network connectivity. Although this is likely to be relatively short term, Sodde's Law suggests it will probably happen at the most awkward time.

3. kno

kno Well-Known Member

i import from card onto my Mac at the end of each day into Photos (Mac). My Mac then immediately gets busy uploading the images automatically to both Flckr and (Apple) iCloud.

i have two different brand external hard drives and every second week I back up my Mac hard drive including images via (Apple) Time Machine alternating between drives so that each drive is used once per month. My Mac reminds me if forget to back up.

On very rare occasions I have even printed a photo (very Y1K). So if digital media gets superseded by something else, my theoretical grandchildren will have faded snaps with ineligible scrawl on the back to remind them of an older generation.