1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - How often do you use your smartphone for photography?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Liam Clifford, Apr 18, 2017.

1. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I would be surprised if you can't download, or create, a ring tone that is suitable. Likewise an alarm tone.

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Indeed. I'd suggest recording your wife shouting something like "Oi, deaf-lugs, answer the bl**dy 'phone!" and setting that as your ring tone!

Cheers, Jeff

3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

You quite clearly need one of these Pete.:)

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

That sums up the situation very well!

5. go30m

go30m New Member

The phone’s camera is the best solution to take a snap of my kids while the DSLR is in the other room. I use it like every other day for that.

6. Marabak

Marabak Member

My phone is always with me and has a great camera. Sure, it isn't as flexible as my dslr and I still own and use my dlsr, but if I am taking "normal" photos I have no qualm with using my phone. This includes pictures of my family, friends, pets and out-and-about photos. It will never compete on the macro photos I take, nor where a narrower field of view etc. is required, but it is far better than cameras I had years ago for the majority of situations I find myself in.

7. BinnyD7200

BinnyD7200 Active Member

I don't actually own a laptop, currently working my way to getting one so I do all my editing on an iPhone app, I use Snapseed. Does for the minute but I'm not going to win any awards with it

8. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

I never thought I would use my phone for photography, but I have used it a lot for the last 3 weeks, simply because I am in a place which I have well covered many times before plus the fact I can send pictures home faster.....but I have to admit that the pictures I have taken are just family stuff, my DSLR is not far away though.....and yes I have used that too but not a lot......

Benchista likes this.
  9. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

It's that sort of thing a phone camera is really useful for, IMHO. It's not replaced a proper camera, but it has replaced postcards.

10. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

or possibly Box Brownies?

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

It will never replace the Box Brownie. ;)

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  12. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

I have no use for an i-phone and therefore I haven't got one!

Lynn

13. Andrew Flannigan

Camera phones are popular with many millions of people so sneering at them has a tendency to make the sneerer look something like an elitist snob. Not that we could apply that tag to anyone here.

14. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Smartphones - is there any way to stop idiots using them in cars, restaurants, cinemas and theatres?
    Created by very clever people, but used by...

15. Digitalmemories

Digitalmemories Well-Known Member

The key part in the poll for me was "... as it's always with me." I often carry a small Fuji body with a compact prime lens, but at 40mm equivalent it's not always suitable to capture an image I want.

The shot below is an example - we were out shopping and I was hanging around feeling awkward amongst the women's shoe sale scrum, when I saw an image I wanted to capture. The phone was already in my hand, it has a handy wide angle lens, and it's unobtrusive. The quality will not win any awards, but I like the candid nature of the shot, and my subject was delighted with the picture as she said it made her legs look long. And she bought 3 pairs of shoes. Has any man ever bought 3 pairs of shoes in one day?

[​IMG]

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  16. Andrew Flannigan

Proof that the best camera in the world is the camera you have with you when you see the picture! :D

Digitalmemories likes this.
  17. secretpost

secretpost Member

18. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Indeed your subject may well like her long elegant legs, but oh dear. Look at her foot. Should she really be buying heals like those.
    She seems to be crippling herself. The fashion shoe industry has something to answer for.

19. Andrew Flannigan

Possibly heal-thier than high heels?