1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - How much time do you spend post-processing your images?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Liam Clifford, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Liam Clifford

Liam Clifford Active Member

Take part and vote in this week's AP poll - Have you ever customised your camera?

[​IMG]

2. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I voted as long as it takes.
    But generally the more I take the less time individual shots take to PP, as I will use global corrections for at least some of the adjustments to keep them unified.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Too long I suspect... Trouble is I never seem to know when to stop and keep trying to make each image that little bit better...:rolleyes:

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I seem to be in the majority with "it all depends". I can't say I time myself but I know I am not very efficient and ought to make more use of presets. I'll certainly not spend 5 minutes on each and every image but I can get through a fair bit of patience with local adjustments in LR.

5. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

As I am a digital subscriber I haven't received my copy yet. Perhaps the editor can explain why.

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Copy and paste?

I answered could be any of the above. Some shots are good to go, others need a wee tweak, others a thoughtful longer process, and 5x4 negs need a loooooooooooot of dust spotting. ;)

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

That's a point. It is Monday. Shops don't get this week's edition until tomorrow.

8. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Another, as long as it takes, answer from me.

Occasionally, due to my own lack of care, I have to go back almost to square one and start again, for example if I only notice particularly bad CA after almost completing the job.

Most of the time I enjoy PP, and don't resent the time spent on it. I've only just completed processing photos taken during a holiday in June.