1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - How much do you think about composition before taking a photo? 16/4/16

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Last week we asked - How much do you think about composiiton before taking a photo? This poll will be open to vote on until 20 April. Thanks.
    Chrissie

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Not enough I fear...:(

:D

3. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

I usually think about composition, though not necessarily in terms of rules. And, like Nigel says, I often wish that I'd thought about it even more...

Benchista likes this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

What's with the 'rules' emphasis?
    If you have the time, a shot is composed by what you, as the photographer, finds most pleasing in whatever you are taking the photo of. Some instinctively compose pleasingly. Some just don't see what's in front of them and no amount of rules will change that.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Roger Hicks and Benchista like this.
  5. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I tend to "Frame" every shot, as best I can. It is automatic and mostly done at a sub-concious level.
    Not every shot offers the opportunity to consciously Compose and adjust in a meaningful way.
    Usually it is a question of accepting or rejecting between remarkably few options.
    I discarded the idea of "Rules" more than 60 years ago.
    Compliance with rules, is more something you discover in picture you have already taken rather than impose on scenes beforehand.