1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - How many tripods do you own? 27/2

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

This week's poll is - How many tripods do you own? Take part and vote

[​IMG]

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I've just had a bit of a count-up and realised I've got five!

That's not counting monopods (two).

Five tripods. How on earth have I ended up with five tripods?

3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Two if I remember right...

One proper one (an 055PRO) and some flimsy lightweight thing I was given that sits upstairs and is never used.

I've only ever had three, the 055 was purchased to replace my previous Slik which died of old age.

I also have two monopods.

4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Two "proper" ones, of which the older (not quite so good) one stays at the cottage and, for which, I keep promising myself to get a better head. Also an unknown number (probably at least two) of those tiny things that the street sellers hawk at the Trevi Fountain. Unless my memory is failing did not AP give away one of those attached to the front of the magazine a few years ago?

5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

7. 4 Gitzos of various sizes (all bought second-hand), 2 Manfrottos and a Velbon. I regularly use the 3 CF Gitzos, irregularly the ancient metal studio one, and never the others these days, although they're all decent enough.

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Two sets of legs - aluminium 055 and carbon fibre Velbon legs. Three heads - a never used 3-way that came with the 055, a medium size Manfrotto ball head and the Manfrotto gimbal head which weighs as much at the Velbon legs. I have 2 monopods too - a Manfrotto one and an old Benbo.

8. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I voted 2 - a cheap Velbon, which does the job, and a really cheap no-name that is fine for tiny pocket cameras but not much else.

Then I realised that I also have three tiny ones - £1 from Poundland - that I bought for a project and don't use any more.

9. mediaman

mediaman Well-Known Member

Benbo Mk 5
    Manfrotto 047B
    Bolex tripod
    Wooden "Sherwood" brand... the head on it is "Arrow" [ very old ] plus table tripods and a monopod.

10. Ffolrord

Ffolrord Well-Known Member

Nine.

11. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Lots.
    Some Aluminium, Some carbon, most standard head, one Bowl Head, several small ones for holding flashes etc, and all those gorilla pods as well.

12. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

A carbon fibre one for general use an aluminium one for the beach a lightweight travel tripod and a gorillapod.

so 4

13. Smith Jr.

Smith Jr. Active Member

I own zero tripods:D

14. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Ah. This is a sorry tale. I appear to own six. Of those, I use two on a regular basis. I feel a trip to Ebay coming on

15. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

Just the one, manfrotto pixi mini :oops:

16. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Sadly, as I am not well-endowed, I own just two.

17. surf_digby

surf_digby Well-Known Member

Three.

My main one, which is posh and came with a shoulder bag and two attachment plates. My very first one, which is full size but is a bit misshapen and I've lost the attachment plate for, and a lightweight one that can't take the weight of even a small DSLR, so I use it as a flash stand.