1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - How many camera bags do you own?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Jan 6, 2016.

1. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

That's roughly the case here BUT I still seem to have more "real" camera bags that I can keep count of!

2. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Oh dear ... confession time.

I've just bought another one.

I didn't have anything really suitable for a CSC & film compact (or OM1/2n + shortish fixe and a digital compact) and had been trying it in a holster bag but not-so-small extras such as lenses & extra compact cannot be accommodated therein. So I saw & took a punt on the LowePro Passport Sling in the SRS sale. For £15 (I actually got it for 10% off that) sale price it seems a bargain and increases the number of bags that I've bought in my lifetime for under £20 by either 16.6% or 20%. :eek:

It's very shiny & new. I don't have a couple of kids to kick it - stuff full of bubble wrap - around an empty garage for an hour or two. I don't have the empty garage, either! I'm tempted to strip out the padded camera/lens insert & shoulder pad and stick it in a pillowcase to go in the next load through the washing machine as a way of 'running it in'.

Maybe more news of it soon.

3. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

A small part of my collection.....

[​IMG]

4. cliveva

cliveva Well-Known Member

rucksack for air travel or keeping all the bits when motoring, shoulder bag over back of drivers seat, compact bag on belt(for compact) and plastic carrier bag in rain coat for British weather!:cool:

5. Klaesser

Klaesser Active Member

Several, all stashed in a closet - too heavy to tote around

6. spike 1960

spike 1960 New Member

Yes. A tricky one.

I have a backpack style one currently in which I carry everything which is probably stupid because if anything happened I would have nothing left and means I carry around stuff I don't often need. Although there was a day was on a shoot and my spare battery was defective and luckily was ale to borrow some electricity as had my charger.

I also have a camera pouch bag which technically carries a camera and lens around your waist but it feels like is falling down the whole time and needs a pair of braces!

In the 80's I had one of those metal briefcase type camera case. And you cut out the shape of the equipment in the padding. Very heavy and unwealdy but was handy to stand on if you needed a bit more height!