1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - How many camera bags do you own?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Happy New Year everyone!

This week we ask - How many camera bags do you own? Cast your vote on the poll

[​IMG]

2. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Waaaayyyyyy too many ;)

3. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Happy is the man or woman who has just one.

Well, maybe two.

Perhaps three. I can make a case for needing three.

Max.

Definitely no more than that.

Perhaps.

:eek:

4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Well now, there is the Billingham 335 bought used without inserts but I saved more than enough to pay for some.

Then there is the Billingham 205...

Also a LowePro Correspondent, the largest bag they made at the time....

and a LowePro Magnum AW...

plus a LowePro back pack...

not to mention a Crumpler...

or the big,ish CCS bag...

together with its mate a smaller CCS bag...

finally my original "gadget bag" it must be about 40 years old and hasn't been used since I bought my OM1 in 1979.

My wife has a couple as well!

5. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Snap !

6. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Until recently I would have said the same, but I got rid of all the "serious" stuff last year; it became too heavy to carry.

Now we have to define "camera bag". I have about half a dozen bags in which, from time to time, I carry camera and lenses, but only one of them is strictly a camera bag.

I also have a late 70s vintage Billingham that I use to store things, but it never leaves the house and I really only keep it for the memories of the travelling that we did together.

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I've lots of bags, but most are just for storage. I use 3 bags most - a very small one for my CSC kit, a fairly small one for DSLR kit when I'm shooting just for fun, and a LowePro Stealth Reporter D550 AW for when I need a bit more kit. That can be supplemented or substituted by a backpack as required. I probably need to update the backpack.

8. stemmy

stemmy New Member

I have 3 bags and 2 backpacks

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

How are we defining camera bags? I have various pouches and cases which came with cameras, a couple of which might be considered camera bags. Aside from those, just one, a rucksack courtesy of the forum comp. I rarely feel the need for a camera bag, but I would like a Billingham to use when travelling.

10. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

So the poll only goes up to 5.

2 large bags, 2 small bags, 1 backpack ( essentially a medium bag with rucksac compartment on top) 1 holster and a peli case. I properly need a tall backpack and a smaller small bag for my Fuji which spends too much time being forciblly extracted from my coat pocket - it goes in OK but getting it out without adding 3 stops exposure compensation and turning off the image stabilisation is a pain.

11. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Same here... :rolleyes:

I've got everything from one that just hold the camera right up to monsters that can hold multiple bodies + lenses - which are probably why I now have a fake knee and hip... :D

12. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

As any street photographer will tell you, there's no need for a bag as you've only got a body and a lens and you carry it in your hand from the time you leave home until you get back :)

Alan

13. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Alan,

In your hand?

What's wrong with in your pocket or 'round your neck?

Also, what if you're more than a few minutes from home -- in India, maybe. or China -- and feel the need for (a) a spare body and (b) more than one lens? All right: you need two bodies, one with a 35 and one with a 75. Or two 50s...

Cheers,

R.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  14. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

15. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Hi Roger,

well not exactly in my hand, more strapped to my wrist, and never round my neck, makes me look like a tourist :eek:

[​IMG]
    [Duane Hanson’s Tourists]

One way to blend in as a street photographer is to not look like a photographer, hence no camera bag! OK, I sometimes do carry a small daysack - I think it cost £12 about ten years ago - but that's for the waterproofs, the newspaper to read when I stop for coffee and a pen to do the crossword. In summer, there's a bottle of water.

I doubt I'll ever get to India, can't take the heat (literally), the closest I've been is the Edinburgh Mela:

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Alan.

16. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

I have lots of camera bags but not yet found the perfect one.

Andrew

17. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Seems like quite a few...most filled with kit I don't use.

18. JonnyMimn

JonnyMimn Member

I own two camera bags:One rucsac from Lowe Pro, which holds my DSLR Olympus & associated lenses & flash unit.
    The second is a small Crumpler which has my Olympus EPL7 & flash unit.

I'm preferring the ease of the CSC camera over the DSLR, I fact the SLR only had 2 outing last year to Duxford & Southport airshows, the CSC has been everywhere else, including o family weddings (where I took my personal favourite images of the year) &the family holiday to Malta.

19. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Like most respondents I've too many, but trying to reduce the amount of junk I carry.

I have a large bag devoted to my Bronica kit, which I now never use, but can't bring myself to part with.

I've toyed with the idea of buying a multi pocketed jacket, or preferably gilet, to carry a few lenses rather than use a bag. Possible with mirrorless CSC, probably not viable with DSLR.

20. Cuthbert

Cuthbert Well-Known Member

I don't have a dedicated camera bag.

The camera gets taken around in a back-pack, or a shoulder bag, depending on what I'm using and what else I need that day, but the same bags get used for carting around other non-camera stuff too.