1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Have you ever used a hand held light source for your pictures?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Cast your vote on this week's poll - Have you ever used a hand held light source for your pictures?

[​IMG]

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

What an odd poll - it totally ignores that fact that there are other makes of hand-held light source available. The only option for those who've tried it is "Yes, I love the Ice Light", the other answers are for those who've never used one.

I'm making up my own answer, which is "yes, I've given it a try and would do it again if the results I was looking for required it".

For the record, the hand-held light source I was using was by Manfrotto.

Cheers, Jeff

beatnik69 likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

A simple "No" choice would have suited me. I didn't really relate to the articles. I'm sure there is rather more of a story to the successful artificial lighting of a train than putting one light-stick in the cabin and one outside.

4. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Not that I can recall though I ought to give it a go.

5. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

Another poll so badly designed that many will be unable to answer.

I have used many hand-held light sources for light painting - but not the single proprietary brand mentioned in the only positive answer option.

6. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

The choices for the vote were diabolical.

I have painted with light with hand held flash on a number of occasions.
    And painted with tungsten floods in the studio for product and commercial photography, rather more so.

It seems to me these light sticks have a far more limited use. And become the subject themselves rather than a useful illuminant.
    Some might well say just a fad or gimmick of the moment.

7. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Sorry, can't vote. I have used a LED torch on occasion but it wasn't an "Ice Light". I have also hand held a flash gun for my own pictures and for a friend shooting another friend's wedding. None of these are covered.

8. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Lots but not with an Ice Light (which I'd not heard of 'till now).

9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

isn't ice-light me being offensive...

10. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Again yes but not with an Ice-light. If you are going to do a promotion for a product surely there must be better ways.

11. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Whilst the choices were diabolical my response was easy - I try to rely on fast lenses and high ISO

12. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

... just checked the prices ... 500+ quid for the big one! :eek:

13. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

I have given up on these Polls. If AP cannot take care to construct them carefully, why should I reply?

Zou likes this.
  14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I've used a torch, which isn't an acceptable answer apparently.

15. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Does holding a piece of white card near a window count?

16. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

Another Poll that most people can't give a true answer .
    Plenty of options to answer "NO" .
    But nothing for "YES" .
    I've painted with light using torches and flashguns , but never heard of an "Ice Light" .
    Not only have I never heard of one 'till now , at that price I will never buy one , let alone being able to answer "Yes, I love the Ice Light" .

Seems like this poll has been rigged by the manufacturer for marketing purposes , and not AP to find out how many people paint with light !

17. Maroon

Maroon Active Member

I'm pretty sure despite being used to promote the Ice Light, including it in the yes answer was just a little humour.

Painted using a torch, never used an Ice Light.

18. greyowl

greyowl Member

Stick a torch in may mouth while trying to get a record on my phone of the gas meter reading in the garage ( in the dark ). Does this count ?

19. Andy Manley

Andy Manley Member

I used my 1500 lumen bike light to help my iPhone take some pictures for eBay.... does that count? :)