1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Have you ever taken a city break to Europe or further afield...

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, May 3, 2016.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

... for the express purpose of Photography?

Vote
    on this week's poll - Have you ever taken a city break to Europe or further afield for the express purpose of Photography?

[​IMG]

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

"Travel abroad" and "City Break" are rather different things. I quite seldom go to cities any more: I generally prefer towns and villages; though paradoxically I seldom find much inspiration in the countryside in between. I love old buildings. That's one reason we left California.

Cheers,

R.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

after years of business travel - NO!

4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

It does rather take the shine off travelling doesn't it?

I rarely go anywhere without a camera so any trip which involves an overnight stay will be partly for photographic reasons.

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

No, not really - just business travelling. ;)

Ditto.

6. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Does Photokina count?

7. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

As always it is a very badly worded poll - "for the express purpose" implies that that would be the only purpose but re-interpreting it as "for a major purpose" the answer is yes I frequently travel....

8. ChrisNewman

ChrisNewman Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly! Another poll without an appropriate answer for me.

We’ve taken several city breaks in Europe, and photography has been an important part for me (and a drag on the sightseeing for my wife!), but even alone I wouldn’t take a city break if I wasn’t keen to see the city, or had some other reason than photography to go.

Chris

9. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

When I lived in Kent popping over to France for a long weekend was always an easy option. However I never went to cities as such.

10. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Having watched "The Silk Road" on BBC last night I am planning a trip to Samarkand - does that count?

11. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Just come back from four days in Krakow Poland. A very photogenic city.

12. gm1tbw

gm1tbw New Member

I agree. Did you manage to visit the Museum of Photography while you were there?

13. KrystalsGrandad2502

KrystalsGrandad2502 Well-Known Member

Is Leeds still in Europe?

Oh wait, possibly not after tonight.....oops sorry, that's just the EU :rolleyes: