1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Have you ever gone on a foreign trip...

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

... just to take photographs?

Take part and vote on our poll - Have you ever gone a foreign trip just to take photographs?

[​IMG]

2. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

Several times each year. This year, so far, Isle of Lewis, China and Sri Lanka with Thailand coming up next month.

The "Just to take Photographs" is a bit daft. Taking photographs is always the primary objective of my trips but, of course, I also hugely enjoy seeing new places, meeting new people, learning about different cultures, eating and drinking different stuff, etc., etc., etc.

3. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Of course. Well, not just, but like Eric, as a primary purpose.

Cheers,

R.

4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

As I have never been abroad (unless you count Wales, and I was too young to have camera at the time), there doesn't seem to be an option for me to select...

5. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Of course - but just like Eric.

MickLL

6. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Don't go abroad.

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

No, I have never chosen to encourage much destruction of our planet for the sake of a picture. I prefer pictures that encourage us not to destroy it.

8. Roger Hicks

Dear Roger,

Unless you're in Cornwall, you are abroad...

Cheers,

R.

9. Roger Hicks

So you walk everywhere?

Cheers,

R.

10. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I've been abroad once just to exhibit pictures and take a few more.
    Thoroughly enjoyed the trip. I guess, the thing is, I wouldn't have gone at that time, otherwise, so I suppose photography was responsible for that one time!

11. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

How is the question meant?

1:An 'organized' foreign trip specifically for photography?

2:Or just an annual holiday where a lot of photos are taken?

To 1: I live in Germany so taking part in an organized Photo holiday on Skye would be, for me, a foreign trip.

to 2: Over a period of almost 20 years just about every second annual holiday was hiking in swedish Lappland and, depending upon the weather, I shot a lot of films during two and a half weeks hiking. Other holidays took me to France,the UK and so on.

12. Roger Hicks

No! No! During your holidays you should cower in an unheated cave, eating uncooked roots, lest ye contribute to Global Warming and thereby Destroy The Planet.

(Actually it's very hard to destroy a planet, and it's impossible to to destroy an ecosystem, though it's frighteningly easy to change one.)

Cheers,

R.

13. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I have driven approximately 7 miles "just to take photographs" as an amateur.

And that was this year......must be getting lazy in my old age! :D

14. No, but I have taken up photography because I have a holiday booked for a tour of Vietnam, recently bought an Olympus 810 Uz and hoping to have a dslr by the time we go