1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Has another photographer ever got in your way or ruined..

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Rosie Barratt, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Ilovemycam

Ilovemycam In the Stop Bath

2. Klaesser

Klaesser Active Member

Re: Poll: Has another photographer ever got in your way or ruin

Sure - and I have probably done the same - so I will not complain.

3. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Well seeing as this thread has been reopened. These just get right up my snout! For goodness sake man buy yourself something that'll fit in your pocket!
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

4. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

He seems to be a veritable feat of half measures.

His strides are neither shorts nor trousers, his footwear is neither sandals nor shoes, he's squinting against the sun - but what's that on the top of his head? - and that's neither a 'phone camera nor a real camera.

And as for his shirt...I can only assume that he wore it because he was worried about getting lost in a snowdrift and nobody would be able to find him otherwise.

Edit to add - Unless that's a self portrait, in which case you cut a very dashing figure!

5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

That thing on his head looks like a yarmulke.

As for photographers getting in my way, only once. But he obviously felt he was allowed to, 'cause I was only using a little compact and he had a big gadget bad full of expensive Canikons and stuff. Not that he was taking pictures - he just walked into the middle of my shot, on hte other side of the road, and ignored me when I asked him to move. Git.

6. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Ah yes, Roger, Elmer and Myrtle from Kansas ... though I think your description of them is rather too charitable, and Craig's photo presents one of the less 'subdued' examples of Elmer's usual apparel! ... I have had the misfortune of seeing a lot of 'Elmers' when visiting places like Thailand; most of them were Ex-Pats and significantly less presentable than Rab C Nesbitt ....

7. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Theres no problem I can see if you either use the person in your picture or change your position to get a better shot.

8. CarlSloan

CarlSloan Member

Yes indeed!

Iceland, middle of the night, the Aurora Borealis decides to pop upabove a nearby mountain.

A group of us were staying in chalets on the south coast,and we all grabbed our coats and ran into a nearby field.

I was mid exposure when a guy with a headlamp wanderedstraight in front of my shot – I got a huge glowing line through the frame.

Fortunately the Aurora stayed around for a few minutes and Iwas able to capture a few frames!

9. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

I used to take quite a few photos at heritage railway lines. There's often somebody with a lineside pass and wearing luminous orange stood just where you don't want them to be, while a posse of togs, carefully keeping out of each other's way, stand frustrated by this one clueless individual. On the positive side it did improve my cloning skills in Photoshop.

Taking street photos I normally welcome a human intrusion or two, indeed I wait for them to appear.