1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Do you print your images at home?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

You could always argue the same case about all that glass and megapixels ending up as tiny files on the web because that is what so many do. You are allowed to print larger you know.

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Even before my printer became nothing more than a plaything for otherworldly demonic entities and was still working properly, it only printed up to A4. Anything that I was particularly proud of got sent away to a commercial photographic printer away to be printed in a larger format.

Cheers, Jeff

3. Carl Bullock

Carl Bullock Member

I wish I could, I just don't have the equipment for screen calibration etc.

4. greyowl

greyowl Member

I got bored looking at images on screen for the last 3 years so I started to print just some of the better ones ( and that's relative ) on 6by4 or 7by5.

Somehow I winged it ( as I used to ) to get prints that were pretty close to those on the screen - without calibrations ICC profiles etc.

Trying out various photolabs for larger prints ( A3 + ) but haven't found one I like so far.

Incidentally this started when I went back to taking film as well as digital. I tried some of the remaining high street develop and print - truly awful: horrible colour balance on the one hand and printed at 50 dpi on the other. Just thought I can do better and cheaper than this.