1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Do you own a mirrorless/CSC camera system or are you...

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

...planning to buy one this year

Do you own a mirrorless/CSC camera system or are you planning to buy one this year? Cast your vote today

[​IMG]

2. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Re: Poll - Do you own a mirrorless/CSC camera system or are you

Yes and a very nice one too - but for everyday use the 6D plus 40mm pancake is so good that that seems to be the one I pick up. For either studio or telephoto use I pick up the E5. All in all the PEN seems to stay in the car for emergencies.

3. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I must admit I have a bit of a yen for a Fuji X-Pro 1. I used to have and like a Contax G1 and this is about the nearest thing around to that.

4. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

No and no but then again you never know...;)

5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Yes, but none of the options available quite fit.
    It's my joint main camera along with my dslr.

6. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Not at the moment, but I'm planning to buy one to supplement my 5D / 24-105. May well go for a Fuji XT-1 with 18-55 as a walkabout camera for holidays.

7. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

Lumix G6 , GF1 four lenses and adaptors for legacy lenses. Use it as my travel outfit.

pip pip, Andrew

8. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

That's what I did (almost) in 2014 I bought the XE-2. I have found the 18-55 rather limiting after being used to the 24-105. Although the XE-2 is smaller and lighter than the 5D it doesn't go in a coat pocket (strictly spoken it'll go in, getting it out in one piece is another matter).

9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Yes but it was an expensive mistake. In ideal circumstances it makes very good photographs but I hate using it. In time mirrorless will replace DSLR but for me, not yet.

10. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I bought a Nikon 1 V5 in October, and almost immediately bought the older 10-30 lens because I couldn't get on with the power zoom. It isn't perfect but the body is the same size and layout as my Nikon compact camera and it comfortably out performs that.

As long as I can carry a D3, or two, with fast zoom lenses I won't change to a mirrorless camera.

11. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Not quite...
    I Own all three of the fuji X systems little brothers
    The X10 X20 and X30.
    The X30 has all the characteristics of the system camers with an excellent lcd view finder, but no interchangeable lens.

12. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Yes a Sony NEX 6 which I use for most of my work. I also own a Canon 5DII system but that rarely sees action these days - I'm getting on and it's just too heavy to cart around.

The last time I used the Canon was to take photos of my grandchildren where the autofocus was very useful - I normally shoot with manual focus lenses on the NEX.

Should a decent replacement for the Sony a6000 appear this year, I might just shell out for that, while if Zeiss were to introduce an improved version of their 16-70 f4 that might also be on the list.

I've considered the FF mirror-less Sony but, even though I like the cut of its jib, and the fact that it represents good value, I really can't justify the spend.

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I have a couple of 4/3 bodies and some lenses - they're elderly, and really rather poor.

I have a couple of Pentax Q bodies and some lenses, and they're great fun, but not brilliant quality.

I have an EOS M3 and some Ms, along with a few lenses, and they are capable of decent results and really compact - they complement my EOS kit very nicely and are by far the most sensible CSCs for me.

But I still very much prefer DSLRs.

14. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

That should read Nikon 1 J5

15. Bejay

Bejay Well-Known Member

Yes, I was an early adopter with the Panny G1, but nowadays I have no primary camera - whatever suits my needs on the day. So no vote possible...

16. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Yup, XPro1.

17. andymcd

andymcd Well-Known Member

After years of "mirrorless denial" I traded my hard earned Nikon D300 and some lenses to move to Fuji X-E1 and now X-E2.

I'm loving the smaller size and retro handling - with manual exposure preview in the EVF completing the deal for me.

18. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

When I decided to get back into photography after a lapse of a number of years I bought myself the Fuji X-T1 which had just been released at the time. It came with the 18-55mm kit lens, which I supplemented with 50-230mm. When they released the 18-135mm I bought one of those along with a 60mm macro and an X-Pro1 body.

As general walking around cameras I found them to be great and the quality of the lenses to be outstanding, particularly the 18-135mm.

My main gripe with the brace Fujis came up when I started processing their RAW (.RAF) files - it may have been a shortcoming on my part, but I was never able to coax the levels of information from them that I could get from Nikon (.NEF) files. I recall hearing that LR/PS's handling of Fuji RAW files was a little ropey to begin with but has now been improved but I've not really revisited it properly to find out if that was my original problem.

As a result of this I bought an old Nikon D2X that I use principally for sports photography and a D810 that I now use for general walking around. The Fuji kit is still sitting there and makes the odd outing when weight or the amount of kit I'm able to store in a limited amount of space is an issue.

19. roicead

roicead Member

yes, i own the fuji x-t1. bought the x-pro 1 as a companion to a canon 5d mk ii. then sold the canon kit a year later when i realized i'd only used it once in the previous year. several years later still no regrets.