1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Do you like to shoot portraits of your family? 10 Dec 16

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Take part and vote on the poll - Do you like to shoot portraits of your family?

[​IMG]

2. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Truth be told, we have many family photos on display, most, but not all, taken by me. However the driving force behind this is my wife. Left to me there would be far fewer of them.

Years ago the aforementioned female persuaded me to have a family portrait taken by a local professional photographer in his studio. I thought it was a daft idea, why pay someone to do something that I could do myself? However I'm glad we did, as it's an excellent shot and has pride of place amongst our collection.

This year, for the first time in a while, we will be able to gather the clan at our house over the Xmas period. Very much looking forward to that and already charging batteries to ensure that the occasion is recorded!

It's sad to enter a home where there are no family pics, it seems to indicate a lack of connection with family members. Not necessarily the case of course, but raising questions.....

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

What an odd set of questions! No reply possible. I don't do "portraits" in the sense of making premeditated records, formal or otherwise, but the family album is important to us so I will take pictures of the family as a routine activity, part of normal photography. We don't do tourist portraits - X stood in front of Y for the album - which seems to be the goal of the selfie generation. If Y is faintly interesting (or more) I'd aim to avoid people in the shot, even family.

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Some of us don't need pictures to remind us of the people we love. A lack of pictures raises no questions in my mind.

PeatSmoke and Roger Hicks like this.
  5. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Same here, we've never been ones for having family pictures on display o_O

Roger Hicks likes this.