1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Do you ever fill out the warranty cards...

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

... that come with your camera or lens?

Take part and vote on this week's poll - Do you ever fill out the warranty cards that come with your camera or lens?

[​IMG]

2. Ilovemycam

Ilovemycam In the Stop Bath

Only for my Leica bodies since they are so trouble ridden. The rest generally no.

3. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Never no**. Who knows what could happen with that data - if I put my name and address on a form and send that to a manufacturer via the web or even in the mail, not only could it be intercepted during transmission by any hacker and the NSA & GCHQ, but it could also be read by employees of said company.

What would happen if someone got hold of that information and did murder on me or otherwise published that information online for anyone to see. No, warranties should be banned because of the dangers - that should be obvious for anyone to see.

** May not be entirely true ;)

4. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

I register my purchases online.

A lot of issues I have with reg cards is they sometimes need a dealers stamp which even when buying in person is hard to remember to ask for. I am happy to use them, however, used them more often in the past.

5. Bejay

Bejay Well-Known Member

No option for the obvious online registration, which I do for all of my products

6. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

That would depend on whether you were still under warranty...

[​IMG]

7. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

I've just remembered, it's usually vital for those cashback offers that you get the reg card stamped...

8. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Why would I fill in the card? I can register my product/s on line and the cards stay in the box.

Some years ago I registered a camera and a lens, both bought used, and Nikon told me they were guaranteed for two years! Good to know even if I couldn't have claimed, not having the cards.