1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll -Do you enjoy photographing your pet?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

This week's poll is about photography your pet - Do you enjoy photographing your pet? Cast your vote today

[​IMG]

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Sadly I don't spend enough time at home for me to have a pet - it just wouldn't be fair to the little critter.

I used to have a girlfriend who had a ridiculously photogenic border collie called Henry whose larcenous tendencies nearly got me into trouble.

The problem was that we'd taught Henry a game. One of us would put a Bonio dog snack in one of our pockets with a little bit sticking out and Henry's task was to remove the Bonio from the pocket without us noticing. He became very good at this game.

One day I was waiting outside a clothes shop in Hebden Bridge while my girlfriend browsed inside. Henry was on his lead, sitting obediently by my side. Occasionally I'd lean down, stroke his head and tell him that he was being a good boy.

A young couple walked past us and when I leaned over to stroke Henry as a reward for him not moving as they passed I saw him grinning his doggy grin around a wallet in his mouth with his tail going ten to the dozen.

I had to chase after the couple, wiping Henry's drool off the wallet as I ran and shouting "Hello? Excuse me? I think you dropped this!"

The man was very wary when I returned his wallet - obviously it had been fairly secure in his pocket with just a little bit sticking out - but when he counted the money in front of me and saw that nothing was missing he seemed to accept that he must have dropped the thing.

After that I had to watch Henry the Dog like a hawk when we were out with him in polite company.

Cheers, Jeff

3. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I wish - but he died 10 years ago

Wheelu likes this.
  4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Don't have a pet but take loads of pictures of the in-laws' pets when we see them.

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Gosh a poll with at least one pertinent choice. I have no pet, but I can see why a pet may prove an amenable subject.

6. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

The current incumbent has a colour scheme - tortoise shell - which, with the difficult lighting here can be a challenge. I don't want to use flash unless I feel that I really have to take her picture at a particular moment.

Lynn

7. Marabak

Marabak Member

I have 13 male rats at the moment and they make some of the cutest subjects. However, they only seem to become active in the evening when we are back from work and light levels are starting to get low, and they move very very fast. I've had better luck with our gerbils as at least they stop to pose from time to time :D

8. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Photographing my dog is rewarding - as long as I can get the little *** to stay still long enough!
    He'll happily sit there whilst out with him on an extending line, which is not the most photogenic of things.
    When I let him off line, he either shows his bum or runs towards me at such speed that no 3D tracking system keeps up with him:p