1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Do you always carry a camera with you?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

Re: QQ

Don't you just hate it, when you have two cameras so similar that you can't decide which to take with you...

:D :D :D

[​IMG]

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Nick,

But what about the things you HAVE tried, and still don't like?

Or indeed the things that are patently a bad idea, such as the combination tea-trolley and camera (more use in the studio than a camera phone, actually).

Or the things that are far more expensive than you can easily afford on a whim, and which aren't really useful enough to justify buying one?

Cheers,

R.

3. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

My dislike comes from experience..........

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I can see several uses of your combo - motorise the trolley, and it would be good for landscapes, too. ;)

In terms of cameras and phones, well they've come on a long way from the early ones - I actually loved the one in my first phone so equipped, it was VGA resolution and a grotty lens, so gave wonderful impressionistic results, a bit like my old Halina Disk camera, or Scotchchrome 1000.
    Recent models produce perfectly respectable results in good light - better than the huge majority of snapshot cameras for non-photographers over the years, for sure. I love being able to use mine to take a few snaps to post to Facebook as a modern equivalent to sending a postcard, or even to use the postcard app to actually take a shot, write the card and mail it from wherever in the world for a quid. Does it replace my main cameras? Of course not, but really useful to me nonetheless, and that's without all the other features - not all of which I use, but more than enough to be useful. I can even use my smartphone to remotely view and trigger my DSLR, which is fairly useful in awkward shooting positions - don't need the right-angle finder any more, for a start.

5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't know, a sort of miniature cabinet of curiosity so that I could get a cup of good strong tea with milk whenever I'm out in the field would be nice.

S.

And a comfortable chair and small table, of course.

6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: QQ

That's why you/I take 'em both with you and, on occasion, three :eek:

Cheers,

Jack

7. TomFoster

TomFoster New Member

Unfortunately not! I would if I could but it's not always practical...I always have my phone (with a camera) with me though!

8. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Today I have the Canon EOS M with me - not anywhere near as poor as some of the reviews have made them out to be. This thing is so tiny and lightweight it's dead easy to bring with you. And they are an absolutely steal price-wise now.

[​IMG]
    http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/MartyPG13/media/Camera2-2015-03-31-10-57-14.jpg.html

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  9. Shinnen

Shinnen Active Member

Yes.
    .. john

10. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

HI Marty,

Do you have the EF-M 22/2 lens? In my playing with the EOS M, that was my favourite lens. :)

Cheers,

Jack