1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Do you always carry a camera with you?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

2. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

Yup...

:D

3. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Device with a camera in it? Yep, mine has two cameras in the same unit along with a TV, video player, radio, HiFi, calculator, note book, clock, bedside alarm clock, stopwatch, timer, weather station, unit converter, compass, map, GPS, calendar, fileofax, games console, Internet portal, e-mailer, text-messager, answering machine and telephone. They call it a mobile phone, but it's a bit more and a bit less hand that all at the same time.

Standard camera? Used to, but not allowed in my place of work so have got out of the habit of picking one up when I go out. Strangely, they do allow mobile phones though...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  4. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Most but not quite all of the time. Compact is with me on a daily basis but doesn't always get transferred to my other clothes if I'm just going down the pub or round to a freind. Tends not to get taken when I've got the big stuff with me either.

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Similar, but I don't bother with a compact any more, the EOS M does a fine job there.

6. hobbit1066

hobbit1066 Well-Known Member

20mp sony, also makes calls , plays tunes , social media and so on and much more , real camera no :( only got the bridge at the mo lol

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Sony Rx100m3 and a spare battery. My phone does not have a camera.
    If I am carrying a DSLR or two then the chances are that the little Sony is still in a pocket.

8. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Used to. Now less often. Couldn't answer anyway: my M9 cannot really be described as a compact, a CSC or a DSLR.

I sometimes wonder about buying a combination tea-trolley and camera, or a walking stick or belt buckle with a camera built in, but have come to the conclusion that it would probably be about as useful as a combination camera and phone.

Cheers,

R.

9. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

The little Vito II slips easily in my trouser pocket and is more fun than bothering with a telephone. In fact, the 'phone is usually sitting at home...

S

10. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Chrissie, I can't answer because in the usual fashion, you've missed out an important option. Please will you improve the writing of these Poll questions. Thanks, Oly

11. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Not always (unless an unused phone counts) but if I am going anywhere the least bit photogenic I will. If I was not following that advice I would have missed one of my best images

[​IMG]

12. art

art Well-Known Member

That's certainly one opinion. There are many others.

http://metro.co.uk/2011/11/24/pixel...s-best-smartphone-phoneography-photos-232339/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...irst-Irish-iPhone-photo-exhibition-opens.html

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/photo-booth/redefining-smart-phone-photography

http://www.gettyimagesgallery.com/exhibitions/archive/glitch.aspx

13. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

Of course there are. Best to let those who know it all, get on with it. The rest of us can enjoy taking pictures with whatever comes to hand...

:D

[​IMG]

14. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Yes.

Usually I have my Sony Xperia Z2 and Galaxy S3 with its fisheye attachment, my take everywhere on the belt loop Casio Exilim EX-850Z and my emergency DSLR I keep at work.

Today I also have an SJ4000 action cam and Fujifilm HS50 in case of murmurations on the way home.

[​IMG]
    http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/MartyPG13/media/Kit/Mont.jpg.html

This however makes the answering of the poll question difficult as two/three options apply - so I'll go with compact camera.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  15. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: Poll - Do you always carry a camera with you? A DSLR plus ..

…. a compact digital :)

Jack

16. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

This thread is here for you. You can add the missing option and then tick it; all in one post. So wot's missing?

17. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Re: Poll - Do you always carry a camera with you? A DSLR plus ..

Is that a strange way to refer to a Q ?:)

18. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I rather dislike combination tools that sort of do a lot of things rather poorly.

I prefer tools that are excellent at one thing. That applies to wood working tools, cameras and kitchen knives.

I do not even have a smart phone.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  19. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

"I've never tried Guinness because I don't like it."

20. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

QQ

Hi I_T,

My main DSLR is my K-50 w/ DA 50-135/2.8 and "the compact camera", for my wide angle shooting, is my Ricoh GR_IV :) I now bring the Q7 along with my FA50/1.7 and K to Adapter for (sporting/concerts) events where they won't allow my K-50 and lens :)

Cheers,

Jack