1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

poll - Do the video features of a camera affect your purchasing decision?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Jun 7, 2016.

1. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Valid points Nick, except that I have used Live View on a D3 precisely once in the five years since buying the first one. By my reckoning that makes the benefits to me from improved live view about nil. I would actually consider a camera without a monitor too.

2. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

I have never used the video mode on any of my DSLRs......I have never even tried it just to see if it works or not, sad isnt it all this hi tech being put into a camera and people like me are not having the slightest interest in it,,,,,,,,, but after saying that, its always there if needed!

3. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

The only time I've used video was the occasion when the mode dial on my little pocket Canon got knocked while it was in my pocket. Most annoying - caused me to miss a shot I was after.

4. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

I have a GoPro for shooting video, which is usually fixed to my motorbike...

I've used the feature once or twice on my omd em5 mk2, but to answer the question....

No.

I have other devices that I prefer to use when shooting video.

5. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

I tried Video on a Panasonic compact with reasonable results, so bought a JVC Everio which I mainly use for filming dance sides at Folk Festivals, once I've set the video to cover the stage I can leave it running while I take photos with a DSLR at the same time. Neither of my DSLRs have video (Minolta D5 and Sony A200)
    (I don't see anywhere to vote)