1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

police wrongly stop my street photography! *video inside*

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by tamphotography, Dec 12, 2011.

1. BikerMike

BikerMike Well-Known Member

Good point - PCSOs do not have powers of arrest, so if she actually said she would arrest him then she was well out of order.

2. surf_digby

surf_digby Well-Known Member

Sort of.

Ooh, this bit's interesting...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  3. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

can't you be arrested by a citizen?...even the PCSOs are citizens surely....

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Good Luck.

5. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Not the same as a police warranted arrest, which I would have assumed had I been in the situation, was what was being implied.

6. Cuthbert

Cuthbert Well-Known Member

Maybe, but surely

is somewhat at odds with

How can you have reasonable grounds to suspect someone is committing an offence if you have no idea what offence you want to arrest them for? :confused:

7. tamphotography

tamphotography Well-Known Member

sadly didn't get long to talk this morning on bbc radio nottingham, just roughly state what happened, Grant from I'm a photographer not a terrorist made an appearance which was a bonus, one things for sure speaking on the radio is surreal id rather stand in front of them in a public place :)

8. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

heard it....well said that man!
    The police officer at 7.50 almost got it right....up until he mentioned pictures of children.....(which they all get wrong!):D

9. tamphotography

missed the officer talking, need to listen back, hopefully we can photograph in peace now:D

10. tamphotography

BBC news have been in touch and want to do an online article as do a local paper

11. surf_digby

Was he corrected, or is that now the "official" version that's gone out over the airwaves?

What we don't need is "but that policeman on the radiio said it was illegal!"

12. surf_digby

Do you know how to do the special Chad pose for any photo's they take of you?

Have you considered raising it with Alan Meale? He's quite eager to "champion the rights of the honest man" these days.

13. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

How could he be corrected...Andy Whittaker doesn't know the law (despite what he thinks)
    He brushed on the subject of photographing kids but didn't say it was illegal.Almost but not quite. To be fair to him he was very supportive of photographers (in general) but did (in a round about way) say it was a two way street- respect on all sides...which happens to coincide with my view;). Praise for the diplomatic way in which he said that the PCSOs were gonna get their asses kicked (again he didn't say that..he implied that;)).
    Win win situation today...for a change.

14. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Is the Chad pose same as Nott'm Post pose...looking up at the camera as the tog is standing on a step ladder....:D

15. tamphotography

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  16. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

17. surf_digby

That's my worry. This policeman was there as the expert and to give the definitive answers on what is and isn't allowed.
    If he's giving out information that's wrong, then it's not helping matters at all.

We are but simple folk, none of your fancy stepladders here.

The Chad pose is a handshake, but with the two of you forced uncomfortably close together, shoulder to shoulder and facing the camera. The hands should be at chest level. If you can look slightkly off camera, with an expression that looks as though you were about to say something, then you get a bonus point.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  18. tamphotography

19. tamphotography

20. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

I thought the interview with Super Intendant Winter from Nottinghamshire police was very fair, but this grabbed my attention from the interview at 1:56...
    Are we going to be made privy to this alternate version of events?