1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Police stop photographer and seize films

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by CSBC, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

I'm almost looking forward to being questioned by a less than knowledgable officer of the law, but once again I spent over an hour walking around the town centre today with an SLR taking photos without anyone taking any notice of me at all!!!

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

..sorry did someone just say something...

3. PamHama

PamHama Well-Known Member

actually I was in town a while back with both my cameras in my hands, and there was a policeman in his car giving me clint eastwood eyes...

4. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Feeling lucky?...Punk :D

5. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Did I take six shots or only five? To tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself what with all the excitement and all.

6. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

... and talking to trees! :rolleyes:

7. sirmy

sirmy Well-Known Member

You may be able to take a picture of someone but what you do with it is different

"For numerous Anglo-Saxon and French authors, the right to respect "private life" is the right to privacy, the right to live, as far as one wishes, protected from publicity . . . In the opinion of the Commission, however, the right to respect for private life does not end there. It comprises also, to a certain degree, the right to establish and develop relationships with other human beings, especially in the emotional field for the development and fulfillment of one's own personality." (from the ECHR's first decision on privacy)

From a site called Privacy International

So how does the right to live free from publicity sit with you going out, taking peoples pictures and putting them on a website, as several users have done?

8. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Don't have a problem respecting private life in private.

In a public place, you are not "In Private". If I take a photo of somebody walking down the street (I'm one of those users with pictures of people on their website) it is just a picture of that person, nothing to do with their private life. Should we stop press photography or maybe even sports photography as there are people in the crowd?

9. Ellie527

Ellie527 Well-Known Member

I think that's what the Judge said to J K Rowling
    Here