1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photovests

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by jeallen01, Jul 16, 2002.

1. rkilpin

rkilpin Well-Known Member

i give most customers some kind of discount!

2. parisian

parisian Well-Known Member

Slut!/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

<font color=red>If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough! Robert Capa.</font color=red>

3. rkilpin

rkilpin Well-Known Member

espically the lovely ladys (espically the brunettes and gingers :) !!! )

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

"'What, No frizby's'"

More of that technical jargon.

/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Jack

not digital but film, so far, but digital is
    starting to seduce me.

5. perkeo

perkeo Well-Known Member

...difficult to understand you guys....poor jeallen01 - he submits in all good faith, a recommendation to save a few quid by buying a practical and cheaper alternative to a branded, overpriced photovest. But what does he get for his efforts ? He is accused of posting a suspect commercial ...he is criticised for not filling-in his bio....is insulted and told told to get a life .... no wonder he complains of flack from the self-styled guardians of this forum !!!

But yet a known camera and photo equipment retailer - without any flak whatsoever from the clique of top-table cronies - uses his trading name as a user name and gets free international publicity for his Company or employer - every time he makes one of his now very proliferate postings....

it's a funny old world...

perks

6. Haybee

Haybee Well-Known Member

Wow..Jon Voigt..

..loving all your work!
    I agree, jeallen seems to have had a rough ride.I put it down to the-shall we say-"brusque" wording of his/her original post.It is great to get advice on how to save a few bob, but some people need to hear that advice in a way that makes them think it was their idea to begin with.
    I do feel sorry for him/her if his/her tip was genuine.
    My advice is to change user name and start again (I've had to change mine 42 times ) ONLY JOKING!

/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif /img/wwwthreads/frown.gif /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

7. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

……considering the "villain" of your outraged post hails from the far side of Canada (unless there's another one) I don't think it really matters Jon.

Funnily enough, I've never yet thought, "Ooh I must pop down to Done & Rumbled" after reading one of our good friend Jack's posts!! /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Tim CRIPN

8. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

I wouldn't buy anything off Jack. Never trust a man with hairy uncombed arms! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

I look <font color=red>GOOD<font color=black> in wellies!

9. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Jacks pad?

Funnily enough, I have thought of popping down to "Done & Been Rumbled".

But that's as far as I got so far :)

Chris [​IMG] thinking of doing something is just as sinful as doing it, according to some people, so I wonder if Jack remembers that sinner was me?

10. BigWill

Re: Jacks pad?

Apparently Concorde can nip you across there a bit sharpish these days although you probably end up with the most expensive photo vest in the entire planet, but then you know me, I'm just a sucker for that clever advertising that Jack subtly puts into his postings!

BigWill

11. parisian

Thats covered everything

Well we've had a go at everyone and everything on here somewhere over the past few days. Probably wrongly bashed a new member, taken a sideswipe at our Canadian cousin, knocked manufacturers and we are probably getting right up Chris' nose because the post is too long.
    Anyone feel left out?
    No? good, let's call a halt before somebody feels damaged /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

<font color=red>If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough! Robert Capa.</font color=red>

12. BigWill

Re: Thats covered everything

Who's "damaged" Don't recognize that user name, and before anyone accuses me, I never touched him/her!

BigWill

13. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Poor old Jack!

Poor old Jack… if he don’t meet his target, the boss’ll throw him out ( Jack works here)

[​IMG]</p> and Jack won’t be able to keep up the payments on his house here…

[​IMG]</p>
    So lets not be too hard on him :)

Chris [​IMG] mind you... you gotta feel sorry for someone living in ARCADIA RD :)

PS. And if you really wanna know, you won't find Done&rundleCams anywhere cuz it don't exist... Jack changed the name enough to stop people finding out the true identy of where he works... and yes it has an Internet address and yes I do know it, but as Jack has not disclosed it then I won't!... And just to let Jack know that I know... the winner of the Photo competition at the shop has the initials BC!

14. BigWill

Re: Poor old Jack!

...and even worse, he may not be able to keep up the regular payments for the "arm waxing". His arm "bikini line" could get entirely out of control! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(Jack is the only man in Canada who's arms are officially listed as a "fire hazard!")Will

15. parisian

Re: Poor old Jack!

"The popular term "Arcadian," describes a utopian garden paradise where serene pastoral folk drink, dance and lounge around in an endless summer.

Posh Git /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

16. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Poor old Perks!

So perkeo, whilst I agree we were a bit hard on the original poster… you have just been as hard to Jack!

But I know your a gentleman and will, I'm sure, apologise to him… and Jack would agree that it was easy to make that assumption :)

Everybody have a nice day :)

Chris [​IMG]

17. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Poor Jack!

Peter...

where serene pastoral folk drink, dance and lounge around in an endless summer.

You've met Jack then?

Chris [​IMG]

18. BigWill

Re: Poor Jack!

"where serene pastoral folk drink, dance and lounge around in an endless summer".......we're in the house of commons bar again aren't we!

BigWill

19. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Re: Poor Jack!

we're in the house of commons bar again aren't we!

Well, apart from the pastoral……and the serene……and the dance cos that's far too energetic for them……and it may be an endless summer for those b……s, but its getting like Narnia under the witch out here!!

Tim CRIPN

20. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Robert,

I knew there had to be an underhanded reason we aren't getting as many UK customers this year. Heck, I've barely sold any PhotoVests or the sarcastic flak jackets this spring/summer and that's even with my subliminal worldwide advertising scheme./img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Jack

not digital but film, so far, but digital is
    starting to seduce me.