1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photography presents any ideas?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blurred Image, Sep 6, 2017.

1. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

Never had a photography present in my life, its only me that knows what I want so I have never received anything, now I think the best thing to buy a photographer is a external hard drive or memory cards.......

Roger Hicks likes this.
  2. Blurred Image

Blurred Image Active Member

Are gorillapods any good for a dslr?

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Not if it's a big one.

4. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

Gorillapods...Yes they are but that's depending what DSLR you have, if its a D5 no they are not!

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

What about an instant camera and film pack(s)? Something different and pretty much any photographer can have fun experimenting with instant film.

Catriona likes this.
  6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

This is true!

7. Blurred Image

Blurred Image Active Member

It's a decent Nikon but what model I can't say. I think it's a D7 something, i think it replaced a D7000 or at least D5400. It was a step up from an already decent camera. Say midrange to enthusiast level. Tbh is be more than pleased with his old one secondhand. Think it's out of my price range even used price.

Not seen it, dropped enough hints to you and have a look at it /try it out. It's the same with all his other toys, but I can understand where he's coming from.

8. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

a coffee mug shaped lens?

9. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

No. They're marginal even with old, small film SLRs.

Cheers,

R.

10. Roger Hicks

I have a box somewhere, with FOR THE MAN WHO HAS EVERYTHING gold-blocked on the outside. Inside is a lapel badge that says, I'VE GOT EVERYTHING.

Cheers,

R.

PhotoEcosse likes this.
  11. Roger Hicks

But not necessarily for long, especially when they find out what the film costs.

Cheers,

R.

PhotoEcosse likes this.
  12. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

13. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Amazon.
    Vouchers.

(I'll take any spare you have off your hands if you feel they're boring)

14. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Buy him a Canon?

15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Shhh!

Roger Hicks likes this.
  16. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

For the man who has everything? Penicillin.

S

PhotoEcosse and Roger Hicks like this.
  17. Roger Hicks

Why? What has he ever done to you?

I must have had half a dozen Canons over the years. Still have two. One non-functional, one partially functional...

Cheers,

R.

18. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Obviously the functioning ones had resale value, unlike the ones you kept... No axe to grind - I've had a Canon and it was fine, nothing more. Used several others with varying degrees of enjoyment from awful to rather nice.

19. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

You can never have too many swiss-army penknives. I keep one in my camera bag mainly for the screwdriver to fasten tripod quick release plates. An alternative is a 2p piece, drill a hole in it and add a bit of string for the personal touch.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  20. Roger Hicks

Sure. I was just responding to Bazarchie's suggestion that one should buy a Nikon user a Canon -- in the same spirit as Bazarchie made the original suggestion. Canon SLRs are perfectly competent cameras, though not as reliable as Nikon Fs (almost nothing is) and Canon RFs are OK if you can't afford a Leica M. In fact I've just remembered that I am currently giving house-room not to two Canons but three: an F1 with unreliable slow speeds, a jammed FTb, and a VT with (once again) unreliable slow speeds. The FTb belonged to my late father-in-law, and the F1 and the VT both belonged to my late chum Senggye. I've only ever bought RF Canons, on one occasion just for the lens (which I still have).

Cheers,

R.